3,709 results
All reviewsbritish museumcoral roomdominion theatreoxford streettottenham courtcovent gardenbeautiful hotelnespresso machinewest endsuperior roomafternoon teaturn down servicequiet streetexcellent locationwould highly recommend this hoteltube stationcentral location
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

There’s something genuinely British in the accomodation experience I’ve had at The Bloomsbury London during a recent business trip in which I chose it for a 2 night stay. Here is why I loved it so much:

Location wise, the hotel is classically placed a minute away from Tottenham court road station, turning it into highly accessible and even though the intersection of Oxford/Tottenham is quite a hectic spot, the hotel’s location is kind of behind so it maintains the the quiet and calm of a small hood rather than a loud city center.

The design of the hotel is chic and contemporary, with a set of beautifully set spaces like the sitting room & the bar - all with vibrant wallpapers and speciala pieces of furniture. I loved it.

No doubt the hotel puts high emphasis on high levels of service and the cleaning service of the room is exceptionally done twice a day. The concierge and breakfast team are extremely kind and efficient. However, I do have to note that the reception team and the ordering team (on the phone/email) were a bit harder to communicate with: waiting times for email replies took long several days and issues that were agreed upon during order placement were not communicated to the front desk; it seems as though within the hotel itself, the service is really good - but something in its connection to the reservation center decreases the overall experience.

I really loved the option to have breakfast at the room as opposed to going down to the dining room, as well as the hotel’s sensitivity to its digital guests with mindful sets of USB ports everywhere in the room. The Nespresso machine also makes morning wake ups and evening times so much more pleasant.

The Bloomsbury is the kind of hotel you want to return to, and I will. Thank you!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Cyrielle N, Guest Relations Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Ronnietlv,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Bloomsbury and for sharing your experience with us.

I am delighted to see that you had a great experience in our hotel and that we met all your expectations, from the convenience of our location to the quality of food and beverage our different outlets offer.

It is our ultimate aim to provide each of our guests with a distinctive experience, I am glad that yours was memorable and that your particularly enjoyed the service delivered by our team. I will for sure share your amazing review with them.

We will be delighted to welcome you again in the future.
Please do contact me at my e-mail address Cyrielle_Neveu@doylecollection.com for booking your next stay directly with us.

Cyrielle Neveu

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I cannot express how wonderful the Bloomsbury Hotel is. The rooms are lovely, the location is perfect and close to the tube and theater. But more importantly, the staff is kind and attentive. We stayed for a week and they always acknowledged us, addressed us by name and made sure we were well taken care of. The art deco bar and artisan drinks were the perfect place to relax at the end of the day. Comfy beds! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank c2grubbs
Cyrielle N, Guest Relations Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear c2grubbs,

Thank you for choosing The Bloomsbury and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor Community.

We here at The Bloomsbury and the Doyle Collection take great pride in delivering outstanding customer service to all our guests and I am delighted to see our team succeeded.I will for sure pass on your great feedback to our Team, to encourage them to continue delivering exceptional service to all our guests.

I am also glad that you found our location to be perfect, and our rooms lovely.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me on Cyrielle_Neveu@doylecollection.com, so we can ensure that your next visitwill be as enchanted as the first one.

We are very much looking to welcome you again next time you will be visiting London.

Cyrielle Neveu

Reviewed 12 July 2018

It is impossible to praise The Bloomsbury highly enough. The perfect location for visiting central London,this hotel is stylish and sophisticated with thoughtful attention to detail in every way. Without exception, every member of staff treated us with the utmost help, consideration and charm - nothing was too much trouble. The building has a fascinating history which is cleverly and tastefully woven into the ambience of the hotel. Cocktails in the stunning Coral bar were spectacular and breakfast in the restaurant offered a wide range which was freshly prepared and delicious. A hotel not to be missed if you want a first class stay.

Deborah and Andy Wight

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Sebastian A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Mr and Mrs White,

Thank you very much for this excellent review, it certainly made my day!

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team, who strive to provide excellent customer service.

The Coral Room has gotten off to a great start and I am happy that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience.

Should you decide to join us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My Email address is Sebastian_Annandale@doylecollection.com

Warm regards,

Sebastian Annandale
Senior Guest Rlations Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Smallish rooms, but that's the capital - otherwise, well appointed, clean and tastefully decorated. We didn't stay for drinks or breakfast, but the building seemed nicely fitted out and the staff were all very friendly. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Susana A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Rich B,

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience at The Bloomsbury with us. Your feedback is highly appreciated; the best tool we have to keep providing outstanding service to our visitors, and to improve in the areas where you felt let down during your stay.

I am delighted to know that you had a lovely stay with us and that our staff, whom we are so proud to be part of.

Next time with us, I would strongly recommend you to try both bars and restaurant as we have amazing feedback from, definitely a must go next stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another weekend getaway.

Please contact me should I be of any assistance regarding your future bookings. My email address is Susana_Antunes@doylecollection.com.

Susana Antunes

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Our week long stay was booked and prepaid through a third party (Tablet Hotels) and it somehow became confused such that we wound up with two rooms (instead of one) and were pre-charged for BOTH these rooms prior to arrival. The issue was discovered upon check-in, so most likely the hotel lost revenue for one or more nights due to the extra room reserved for us. Tablet wanted to pin the blame on us, and aggressively pursued us to pay for both rooms, finally settling on a “credit” for six nights stay that they would allow us to use in the next 12 months. Fortunately, management personnel at the Hotel (in particular Camille Bourit) saw the injustice in this, and promptly refunded us the $2000+ charge on their own accord. Not sure how they settled with Tablet, but most likely it was a big hassle for them. I feel that we were treated with the utmost respect and thoughtfulness by the Hotel, and plan to stay there again...which by the way IS NO BURDEN as it is a lovely hotel, well located, with super friendly staff all around!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jonjs

Dear jonjs,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Bloomsbury within the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to know that you had a lovely stay with us; besides the reservation's issue, I am very happy to see how well our team managed and solve the situation, in particular Camille, to whom I will personally pass your kind words.

The Bloomsbury Team is already looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Susana Antunes