“county hall, london, premier inn was fantastic!”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #134 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 March 2012

excellent! large, clean room, great staff, everything you need, comfy bed and a good nights sleep! Give it a try! Quick check in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback and five star review. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant check in and a great stay at the hotel. It was great to read that you had a good nights sleep with us, which is of course what we are all about. I hope to see you back with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here alone for 2 nights at the beginning of the month before traveling to the southwest for business. I would usually prefer to avoid the large franchised establishments which I tend to find forgo the personal touch and presume to be sterile and un-inviting. This place was none of these things and everything I could have hope for, for my short stay.
Clean, comfortable, quiet and very inviting.
Staff were knowledgable and helpful, rooms were typically set out but inviting none-the-less.
Very happy.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback and five star review. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us at County Hall and I am glad that we exceeded your expectations when it comes to the Premier Inn brand. I am pleased that you identified our experience to be inviting and our team to be helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed here on business, whilst struggling on crutches due to knee brace. First problem is entranceway up a lot of steps. On arrival was greeted pleasantly by the young lady on reception) but then given a room that must have been the further possible point from reception. Took me about 10 mins each way to get to / from the room (it seemed to go around the outside the aquarium facility in the rest of the building). Room was spacious and the WiFi in Premier Inn's is now a much more reasonable £3 a night. Dinner in the evening was average - enough said of that. At breakfast in the morning I hobbled into the dining room and the young lady showed me to a table and explained where all the buffet things were... I asked for some help and she seemed genuinely confused. Only after I said "I think I'm going to have a bit of a problem if I have to go and get things myself" - did she ask one of her colleagues to help. the lovely Maria then fetched me some breakfast and was very helpful. I left with the distinct impression that may be the young staff need a bit more training on looking after the needs to guests were are less mobile - or maybe people with disabilities don't go and stay there?... Nice location, nice (but some rather dimand unaware) staff?

Room Tip: If you have a disability CALL and specifically tell them first, or they won't recognise it
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that you had a pleasant stay but I read with interest your comments on how we can improve our service to disabled guests. The listed status of the property does present us with disabled access problems, however we do have a temporary deployable stairlift along with bell at entrance. I apologise that we were unable to allocate you a room that suited you, and I will look into this further along with sharing your comments with our Reception Manager. Thank you for your comments about our breakfast service, I apologise that we do not seem to have initially provided the care and attention that you needed at breakfast, although I am pleased that Maria provide an attentive experience.

I would be interested in learning more about your reservation so if you have time, It would be great to know your reservation number and any other comments you have about your stay and our restaurant any other team members that you came into contact with in the hotel. I can be contacted on operationsmanager.londoncountyhall@whitbread.com. Thank you once again for your comments which will allow us to improve guest experience at the hotel.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

When you go on a trip it's really nice to have a good place to stop.
The room and the rest of the hotel was very clean.
The staff was very helpful and friendly .
And the breakfast was wonderful .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony P

Thank you for your feedback and five star review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us and found our team to be friendly and helpful. Thank you for your comment about our breakfast, I will ensure this is passed on to our breakfast team. I hope to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Like me, I am sure that the hotel choices in London are confusing the hell out of you. So many choices, and they all look so good on their websites.

Well, this hotel is the real deal. Nice, clean rooms. We are a family of 4, and the room was spacious enough for us. And you can't beat the location! The London Eye is just a few steps outside. Parliament and the clock tower is right across the Thames. We arrived from the US, jet-lagged and all, but were able to take photos immediately. If you have the energy, I'm sure you can walk to most of the London landmarks. Of course, the tube is the convenient way to go, and Waterloo station is but a 7-10 minute walk.

Wifi is available for 3 GBP a day, or 10 GBP a week. The first 30 minutes are free. Note that this is per device.

They also serve a wonderful breakfast for 8.50 GBP per person (kids eat free with a paying adult). I recommend you don't prepay your breakfast, because you can always pay it on the day itself. Besides, there are a lot of other choices around the hotel. There's even a starbucks right across the street.

Great stay at this Premier Inn! We will definitely stay here the next time we're in London.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ewr01

Thank you for your review and five star feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our central location along with clean and comfortable rooms and I am pleased you found our wifi service useful. Thank you for your feedback about our breakfast, it was great to read that you found it to be good value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.