“Be Prepared!”

Ranked #134 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Hanover, Massachusetts
“Be Prepared!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Don't expect your usual hotel experience if you are used to American hotels. We were told it was like a Best Western--I don't think so! The location was great, but that was the best thing. You need to carry your suitcases up ten or more stairs to get in off the street. There is no front desk that you'd be expecting. There is a man at a podium that will assist you at the check in kiosks lined up against a wall. When we opened our door, we tried to turn lights on all over the room with no success. It took us awhile, with only the light in the hall, to see a key holder that tells you to put your key in for electricity--no one mentioned it. When the key is out--no electricity. Therefore, no clock--and you can't call down to the desk for a wake up call. The phone in the room works on credit cards for outgoing calls only. There were no luggage racks, so all our suitcases went on the floor--at my age I didn't need crawling around for 4 days! There are no ice machines in the hotel, no calling down for room service, no top sheets--heavy comforter with duvet cover, so you were either hot or cold. It was cold while we were there, but if you go in summer there is no air conditioning. They do not provide washcloths, there are two soap pumps on the wall in the bathroom--one by the sink and one by the tub. There is a tissue dispenser near the toilet--guess for both needs. The door on the bathroom is like those in a hospital--big, heavy and bangs when it closes. You can't close it quietly--aggravating during the night. The room was clean--the restaurant worked out fine for breakfast--buffet only--pay as you go in. It didn't feel like a hotel--I'd pay a little more--

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to County Hall and also the Premier Inn brand in general. I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location, room cleanliness and breakfast buffet but I am disappointed that we didn’t live up to your expectations in other areas.

Due to being a listed building we are unable to change the access through our front lobby and you are correct in saying there are around 10 stairs between the lobby and the street. We always have team members on hand to assist guests and there is a bell located at the bottom of the stairs next to the street if you need assistance. As a brand, we decided to remove check in desks so that we gain more interaction between our team and our guests. We find that check-in desks create formal barriers and we prefer to be recognised as a team that really interacts and communicates with our guests. Although the check-in kiosks facilitate a fast check in through a computer system, our team are always on hand to deliver assistance. In regards to our electricity system in our rooms, it is a requirement that all London hotels operate on a keycard system in order to conserve and save electricity. I apologise if this wasn’t immediate obvious on arrival into your room and I will discuss this feedback with our reception manager with a view to including this piece of advice when checking in other guests.

Our TV system in our rooms is also set up to allow you to program an alarm, which removes the need for a wakeup call from our reception team. Our room set up is based on customer feedback and to keep costs down and create value for money we do not have luggage racks in our rooms, ice machines in our corridors, room service, wash cloths, or individual toiletries. This is brand decision and is the same for all Premier Inn hotels.

Thank for you for your feedback about the bathroom door, It would be great to know which room you stayed in so that I can feed this back to our maintenance team. If you have a moment, I would be delighted to speak to you in more detail about your stay. I am contactable on operationsmanager.londoncountyhall@whitbread.com Thank you for your time and for sharing your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (885)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Netherlands
Reviewed 29 March 2012

If you like to stay in near the London Eye this is the place to be. Very close to Waterloo station. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is very good and there is lots to choose from. Very well stocked even when it is busy.
The first night we stayed on the 6th floor. We needed internet access but in our room (645) there was almost no connection possible. The next morning we asked for another room with good acces to internet and it was no problem to arrange this. Room 536 had excellent internet access. This room is located on the inside of the hotel so in the morning there is some noise from containers being emptied but it didn't disturb us and it wasn't very early in the morning. You can hear the sound of the air vent but for us it was like 'white noise'. We slept very well during the 5 nights we stayed in this hotel. If we come back to London we will certainly stay in this hotel again.
We would recommend this hotel to friends and family without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you need internet access ask for a room with a good signal reception.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and five star review. I am delighted that you had a great experience with us and enjoyed our central location. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our team to be friendly and helpful. Thank you for your feedback about our wifi signal. We are working with our provider to make service improvements to a number of areas which the wifi signal seems to have trouble reaching so I will pass your feedback on. Our reception team are also focused on managing early morning noise by conducting courtyard patrols so I will share your review with them. Thank you for choosing us and I am delighted that you feel you are able to recommend the hotel to your friends and family. I hope to see you back with us again soon.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

As this was our first visit to London, we wanted everything to be perfect.
We had booked tickets to see The Lion King at the Lyceum, ordered our oyster cards and we had arranged our train journey.
The next was to book a hotel for the night.
We had used Premier Inn before in Hastings and found the hotel and staff great. So we looked at all the premier Inns in London and found the County hall to be the closest to the theatre and tube.
We looked at other hotels around the same price St Giles and Travelodge covent garden.
Looking at the reviews we found the Premier Inn County Hall to be the best.
I am so glad we chose this hotel everything was right, the location, price, but most of all the staff are great.
Thank you for a pleasant stay and will be seeing you again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary L
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback and five star review. I am delighted that we were able to act as your hotel of choice when visiting London for the first time. I know that a lot of time and effort goes into planning our guests trips and I am delighted that we lived up to your expectations. Thank you once more and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed here for the sport relief 10km and although we couldn't check in earlier than 2pm they were happy to hold our bags.

the location is excellent for central l=London site seeing being next to the London Eye and on the embankment.

The room was very spacious although there was no views as it looked into the centre of county hall.

We did enquire about late check out but no one seemed to know what the policy was. We were were told we could extend our check out for an hour for free or pay £25 until 6pm, then the next person said it was 4pm??

If I was travelling to London, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and recent feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our central location and that we were able to accommodate your baggage pre check-in. Its great to know that this service is valued by our guests. I apologise for the confusion surrounding the late checkout policy, time and charge. Its set at £25 until 4pm but following on from your comments we will conduct a retraining program with all our reception team so that they know the correct policy. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Good location. Good food at sensible prices. Very clean. Friendly. The booking process is a bit different to what you normally expect ie you pay before you stay. I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again when I'm next in london

Room Tip: Check when book if they a room with veiw. The standard room veiw is pretty dull
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback and five star review. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us. We only have a very small number of rooms with a side view of Jubilee Gardens, the majority of our rooms face the front Belvedere Road or our inner courtyard so I apologise if you were not allocated one of our Jubilee Garden facing rooms. I look forward to seeing you again soon.