“My Birthday Stay”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #137 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed here for my birthday over Valentine's Day. We asked for a room with a view and we were given room 601, from where we could see the London Eye & the park with the carousel opposite.
We always find Premier Inn staff very friendly & helpful, this was the case here too.
Our room was a family room for the 2 of us, very spacious, clean and warm.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
All in all a great stay. Well done yet again Premier Inn

Room Tip: Call and ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel 10 -13 Feb 2013 and were pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly and helpful, the check-in was the quickest I have ever come across - we were in our room within 10 minutes of arriving at the hotel. The room was spacious and we could even see the London Eye from our window. Dinner at the restaurant was reasonably priced and the staff here were also extremely helpful. Breakfast the following morning was fab - so much to choose from - excellent value for money. The hotel was quiet - no problems with noise at any time. Excellent base to do sightseeing from. Will recommend this hotel to friends and family. Check-out took about 1 minute - no hassle at all. Overall extremely impressed with this hotel - staff more attentive than in other hotels that have high star rating.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Unusually I'm reviewing a hotel I didn't stay in however I felt I had to pass comment due to a recent visit meeting colleagues who were staying there. I was meeting them in the bar (I was at the park plaza westminster) and they were late down. I struggled to find the bar and immediately someone near the check-in machines saw what I was looking for and rather than point me in the right direction actually accompanied me. When I arrrived I looked for my colleagues in the bar and restaurant and then returned to the bar. The barman immediately came over and asked me if he could help. When I explained I was waiting for people he got me a drink and brought it to the table. He then said he had some newspapers and magazines I could read if I wanted to whilst I waited. I thought the service was exellent and it felt to me like a really "lone woman friendly" type of place where you would be very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Izzyk
Reviewed 14 February 2013

They said Amex was accepted. My card worked perfectly fine, yet the machine refused it.
The room temperature was very bad and could not be adjusted during the night. I was freezing!
The next morning when I mentioned it to the receptionist, he did not action anything.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable stay, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all feedback is very important to us and we would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

I hate these "hotels" more every time I have to stay in one. They are not hotels, they are soulless, characterless people storage units. The foyer is designed around a 24hr ATM lobby, the rooms are too cold and the bathroom colder. No fridge, I know this is how they are but why?! No food available after hours and the bar very much shut after midnight although 1am promised. Charges to use the safe, charges for wifi(getting more and more common in so many now though), vending machines of pop and crisps and no humans working... It's the easy jet of "hotels". Breakfast is some kind of hectic hell. All the food we had was cold. Mushrooms chewy and tasteless. So the "hot and tasty" heading seems to be a misnomer. Second worst hotel breakfast I have ever had. And then the queue for the lifts! Of the 3 lifts, one did not work at all whilst I was there. I heard a man ask the only person I saw in the main entrance where the stairs were and she gave him some health and safety speech but didn't tell him where they were. If I hadn't bumped into an old friend at that moment I would have pushed the point myself. The only good point I can think of was that the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank whoiarent
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.