“Terrific Location”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #133 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 September 2005

Stayed at this hotel 16 through 20 September 2005. Location is superb, 50 m from the London Eye, a couple of minutes walk from Westminster Bridge for all the buses, and 5 minutes from both Waterloo Stations.
We were 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and 8. Room was a fair size; oldest slept on the couch made up as a bed which was OK, the other on a mattress on the floor which was not that good. Our bed was comfortable.
Bathroom was clean and in good order. As we were going to our room on the third floor just after checking in we heard a baby crying but that was the last we heard it. The room was quiet, faced the park next to the Eye. We all slept ok, even though the Thames festival meant bands were playing on the Saturday and Sunday in the park next door.
We ate at the Noodle Box which other reviewers recommended, and we agreed; we also found a nice Italian restaurant underneath Waterloo station where we ate 2 nights. The Internet cafe across the road isn't too bad - 1 pound for 30 minutes. And the Tesco Express at Westminster Station sells croissants etc for breakfast, which was great value. We thought that was better than paying 6.95 pounds per person over the age of 10 for an all you can eat breakfast.
We did eat one night in the restaurant in the Hotel and that was quite acceptable.
Service at the hotel was good and the phone card they offered was good value. We knew there was no cooling but didn't expect to use it at this time of year - and didn't need it.
We made good use of the tea and coffee making facilities.
We used the 3 pound all day bus tickets to get around London, it was cheaper than buying the travel cards, but I guess it depends on how far you want to travel.
Don't expect a fridge. If they had one in the room, it would make the place hard to beat, due to the location and the excellent price. I would definitely stay there again.

16  Thank MelbGirl
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel

Reviewed 28 September 2005

We stayed at the Premier Travel Inn for 2 nights in September. The location was wonderful, basically located right under the London Eye. Very easy to get to all the top tourist destinations, either by walking or by the Tube. Also, the Waterloo station is basically a block or so away, which is ideal for those people taking Eurostar to Paris. Another benefit is the cheap internet cafe across the street.

The rooms themselves were very basic, no frills. You sort of felt like you were sleeping in a dorm room. There is no air-conditioning, but they do offer a small fan, which is of minimal assistance. Check-in time is 2pm, but I would suggest arriving a bit earlier. We arrived right at 2pm, and there was already a long line. (mostly older couples and families.)

Overall we enjoyed the location, but the rooms felt so small and cold. If you go into it understanding this fact and don't plan on spending much time in the room (other than sleeping) this is a nice "lower priced" option in London.

12  Thank AGoldie
Reviewed 27 September 2005

If you have stayed in London very many times then you will know that it's quite difficult to find a decently priced hotel with good-sized rooms, etc.

I was pleasantly surprised with this place. The staff was very good and helpful. I needed extra pillows because I can't sleep "flat" and they were immediately provided. I asked for a view and they told me to come back in a half hour and they'd do what they could. We went to eat in the hotel restaurant called "Slice" and when we returned we had a room with a view. Everything was clean, always had soap and shampoo and towels provided daily. Maids and desk people were always nice and eager to help. I was not careful to keep the shower curtain in the tub one night so I flooded the floor and had to go down and ask for towels to mop the floor with. They gave me several and smiled saying that was a bit of a problem at times and it was no big deal. Asked if I needed housekeeping to come up to mop up for me. I wanted a top sheet and they gave me one with no problems at all. The main thing was that the place was scrupulously CLEAN and that I liked. The room was large. We stayed there for nine days and nights. I've stayed many places in London over the years so I knew that if I wasn't pleased there were several other places I could go to but I was quite happy here. The breakfast is not included and a bit expensive but there is a convenience store across the street. Two streets over are several small places to eat. It's located so close to everything. The walk along the Thames, Westminster Bridge, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben. the London Eye, the tube stop across the bridge is a five minute walk, Westminster Pier where the boats leave from....all just around the corner. As far as the location it's the very best place I've ever stayed.

If you're looking for quaint and a place with character this is NOT the place. If you like things like Comfort Inn, Travel Lodge, Holiday Inn........that sort of thing then this is the place for you. Plain, simple and clean.

16  Thank Jeffreysbaby
Reviewed 12 September 2005

Exit Heathrow Customs.
Walk to Heathrow Express - direct to Paddington.
If you can bunch up four (4) passengers on the weekend, you get a 4-for-2 deal so just ask other people in the queue to join up :)
Perhaps 20 minutes to Paddington.
Get a TravelCard (you Best Friend in Londontown)
Bakerloo (Brown) line southbound to Waterloo.
Exit Waterloo to York Road ("Way out")
Pass the Eurostar arrivals, turn around the parking lot and walk towards the London Eye and the Inn is to your left.

Quick Check-in. Courteous. Polite. Prompt.
Clean neat rooms. Good hot water. Good shower head pressure.
No air-conditioning. Pedestal fan works.
No fridge.
Good value for money.
Walk across Festival Pier and the Eye to Trafalgar Square.
Then to Leicester Square.
Walk to Waterloo Tube and go anywhere.
Safe, secure neighborhood. Lots of coppers. Lots of tourists.

I would stay there again. And Again.
Small bistros and grocery store across.

13  Thank SNDP
Reviewed 11 September 2005

Location excellent for anybody wanting central London and all of the major attractions on their doorstep. Waterloo and Westminster Tubes only a 5 minute walk away.

Hotel staff were very friendly and polite and the room was spotless, which is a positive for a central London Hotel. We arrived early and left late the next day, but keeping the luggage in the luggage room was no hassle. There isn't any air conditioning, but the room did have a large fan but in Britain air con isn't the norm !!

Across the road are a number of cafes and restaurants for breakfast and McD's is just around the corner.

Would highly recommend to all

7  Thank PG2220