Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$112
Doubletree
US$117
US$91
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury(London)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$125
  • Room Service
Book now, pay at stay
US$223
US$147
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$71
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$141
  • Free Internet
US$299
US$146
Agoda.com
Point A Hotel, London Paddington(London)(Great Value!)
US$87
The Arch London(London)
US$430
US$280
1,535 results
All reviewspaddington stationhyde parkannex buildingheathrow expresssussex gardensyogurtno liftbreakfast roomjacuzzi baththe main hotelflights of stairstop floorenglish breakfasttriple roomsmall fridgefamily roomtube lines
Reviewed 24 June 2017

You've got to put it in perspective - if you want a really top notch place in central London you'll pay dearly. This place was good, AND it has air conditioning - at least in the main building where we stayed.

Yes, the breakfast room is small, and the inclusive breakfast is rather minimal, but you can purchase more extensive breakfast if you wish. Wifi is included although rather slow at times for us.

Website photos of the rooms were made by a "professional" photographer and looked a bit nicer than what we actually saw when we arrived. No elevator - so don't bring any huge luggage or you'll be hoisting it up several flights of stairs.

The location of the hotel is great with a 5 minute walk from Paddington Train Station, and the employees were all very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2017

It was an interesting hotel, because by description it had everything, but it is quite small and cramped. I could barely fit my laptop on the desk for instance. I think for a night or two close to Paddington it is fine, but I have stayed in several hotels in this area and they were nicer.

The breakfast was again, everything you might want, but quality, quantity not up to usual UK standards.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We have stayed twice before at sussex gardens, but this placed was the worst of all of our stays. First of when we arrived we were directed to another building where our rooms were, and had to walk back to the first one for breakfast. The rooms which he said were side by side, were a floor apart - my sister and me literally stayed in the basement. Both rooms were so small that an open trolley could not fit onto the floor. We had no windows in our room, and had it not been for the aircon we wouldnt get any fresh air in at all - which btw gave me the worst cold i had for over a year. My sister and me had to share a rather small bed and down, and had to crawl over each other to leave the bed - and the pillows were made of cement. The toilet had no room for toiletries, and only boiling hot water to shower in. The faucet by the sink had only two functions, sloppy spray or full force spray of water. Only good thing was clean towels everyday.
The wifi didnt get through sometimes because we were in the basement, and overall we stayed in a broomcloset with no windows. The breakfast which were included, were to say the least, uninspiring. The waitress seemed preoccupied with talking to the other waitress, and if we wanted eggs and bacon, we had to pay extra! I miss to see the point in an continental breakfast, which we already paid for, that we had to pay more to get what we had paid for to begin with.
The other places it were included, and we could eat as much as we wanted.
I am bitter over the experience, as we paid quite a bit to stay only three nights, and this was the experience we had. We are not coming back to this place, and i would say to others, to pick something else.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Traveled down to London from Edinburgh on the train getting in at Euston station. The hotel was around 10 minute taxi journey from this station. Staff was friendly on arrival and showed me to my room, I was in the annex building which is just a two minute walk up the road. The room was small but clean. I was down in London to visit the US embassy and this hotel was perfect for my trip. In the morning the embassy was around a 5 minute taxi journey from the hotel, and it was a great walk (around 20 minutes) back to the hotel to pick up my luggage that they had kindly held onto for me once checking out that morning. The hotel is near Paddington station where I was able to get a tube into kings cross for my train back to Edinburgh. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the US embassy.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2017

What an excellent hotel and only 5 minutes walk to Paddington station! We normally book minimum 3 or 4 star rated hotels generally because of the facilities on offer. Our stay coincided with the London marathon weekend so were a little apprehensive about having to book a 2 star rated hotel. immediately on arrival we found the staff's customer service skills absolutely first class. We arrived early, were able to check in and were asked to wander around the area for an hour for final room preparations to be completed. We were able to leave our luggage. On our return (still early) we discovered that our luggage had been taken to our rooms which was quite unexpected - not something that's always available at higher star graded hotels OK not all the facilities we have become used to were available, but our rooms were comfortable, clean and well appointed. We stayed 2 nights and throughout found the staff were excellent. We could not have asked for more. It may be 2 star grade for facilities but it's 5 star graded for service.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family