“Great little restaurant in a convenient location”
Review of Thai Taste

Thai Taste
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Taste is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #740 of 24,832 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$77
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: The secret of Thai cooking is balance, a balance of spices herbs, roots and leaves, carefully blended to enhance the natural flavours and texture of the main ingredients.  After nine years Thai Taste is well known for its genuine Thai cooking, unique house special dishes and friendly service. We use the best quality available ingredients which are in season.
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is Just down the road from the Holiday Inn Kensington forum and took only 2-3 mins walking.

On arrival the staff were attentive took my order quickly offering me a drink while I browsed the menu (I ordered a Chang beer which was lovely and cold) and supplying prawn crackers for me to snack on.

I ordered the mx starter for 2 as I was particular hungry but would have preferred the option for a mixed starter for one (not on the menu), and as a main course I ordered chicken Pad Thai.

The starter arrived within 8-9 minutes and looked fantastic (picture included). It consisted of 2 x spring rolls, 2 x patties, 4 x folded fried meet envelopes and 2 x skewers of chicken, it came with 3 x dips, a sweet chilli, an aromatic and a satay (which I have to say was nice and light, not thick as it often is). All the starters were nice but the chicken skewers dipped into the light satay dip was defiantly the star of the selection and something I would order again. If I had any negative comments I would suggest that having 4 of the 5 items deep fried lacked a little variety and I would have liked to see something like steamed dim sum in the selection.

After finishing the starter the main course of chicken Pad Thai arrived quickly, again it looked fantastic (picture attached) and interestingly came with the peanuts and optional spice on the side so you could choose to add or not. The chicken was plentiful and remained moist. And the noodles were sticky and sweet but remained light enough to eat with just a fork.

To summarise it was a great meal at a fair price of £31.33 inclusive of service charge (picture attached) and remembering I had a large starter selection. And I would not hesitate to eat here again.

A great little restaurant in a convenient location for travellers or locals.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We had an early dinner at Thai Taste during a recent stay in London. There are lots of choices for places to eat but we were very pleased we chose this one. The food, a chicken salad and a green chicken curry, tasted freshly made with the right amount of spice and were both delicious. The staff were also very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner at thai taste. Every dish that we had taste authentic and great, that's coming from someone who has had very good thai food both in Thailand and Singapore.

We liked everything from the thai fish cakes to green curry chicken and pad see ewe!

Prices are on the higher end but you can be assured of a satisfied tummy at the end of the meal! We'll be back!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Great Thai Restaurant in Kensington. Affordable authentic Thai dishes to die for!
Service was great too except for the waiting time. That being said, when the food arrives, we thought it was worth the wait.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Had a taste for Thai food at lunch so I stopped in here at the opening hour of lunch to have a very quick bite. Lunch is not their busy time, so service was very good and i was able to chat a bit with CJ (?) the server. He was very friendly and makes you feel right at home. The place is very clean in presentation and makes use of a very narrow space. I only had the one red curry chicken dish, which is quite standard anywhere in the world. I wouldn't say it was remarkable, but it was what i expected. It did come with a side of shrimp chips, which is nice. Some of the other menu items also looked standard and we may come back to try them out. Only comment is that i found the prices a bit high for what you get. But still acceptable foodwise, which is the most important thing