“Fun, bright vibrant venue”
Review of Ave Mario

Ave Mario
Ranked #1,240 of 24,670 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 11 April 2022

Had a lot of fun at this restaurant, I’m glad I requested to sit in the restaurant near the bar as I didn’t know there were two other floors. To be honest I’d be bit gutted if I wasn’t placed for seating on the ground fooor as that’s where the decor and vibrancy is.
We’d Like to say Domenico was very accommodating and looked after our table well as we are quite particular but he had a lot of patience for us and that’s definitely noted.

I had the truffle pasta and that wasn’t bad but I felt the truffle flavour was very bland as I barely tasted it apart from that its a fun and affordable place to be at.

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (354)

Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

Colourful fun interior and buzzy atmosphere, good cocktails but the food was not good. Strange pasta concoctions which were bland and stodgy. Won’t be returning, style over substance

1  Thank Englishroseinlondon
Reviewed 6 April 2022

Absolutely loved having lunch here. Everything was wonderful. The food, the service, the ambience and the decor of the place itself. Cute serving dishes too!

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 5 April 2022 via mobile

The decor is fabulous. Lots to look at. We also loved the cups and plates. Kitsch and fun. The pizzas are delicious although the mushroom and truffle one was a bit strong for our taste. Asparagus pasta was incredible. Desserts were ok. Not amazing. Waiter was lovely. Super busy but very friendly and patient.

Reviewed 4 April 2022

Colourful restaurant if out front, very plain out back, food nice, wine dreadful. We asked for printed menus. My husband's steak came with nothing but 'potatoes' as extra which arrived late. My pasta was pleasant but had to be eaten quickly as warm only. Couldn't recommend and was relieved to leave. An odd experience, kinda like a restaurant that treats customers as the haves and haves not.