“Good pub lunch”

The Spotted Horse
Ranked #6,203 of 24,437 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the middle of Putney High Street & a stone's throw away from Putney station, we're a must visit any time you are in town! The Spot is a traditional high street pub and has been for over 250 years. Relax in our bar or enjoy full table service from our friendly team in our Dining Room. Food is served until 10pm (Sunday 9pm) We make use of the air conditioning in the summer & then we light our fires to keep you warm in the winter! Whatever the season, our delightful pub is well worth a visit!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The Spotted Horse is a nicely furnished Young’s Pub on Putney High Street. It’s large so I’ve never got close to not being able to get a seat or table. My last visit was a catch up a lunch with a former colleague. Staff friendly and for a pub my fish and chips and my colleagues vegi burger were as good as you could hope.

Tom C, Director of Sales at The Spotted Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your great review. We're glad that you came in and enjoyed your time at The Spotted Horse. We hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks,
SpoHo team

Reviewed 14 February 2018

met a friend for drinks here for the first time and was impressed by its décor seating and roaring log fire which made it feel much less like a pub and more like a friends house which was a nice surprise. No loud noise or rowdy clientele just very civilised not what I expected half way up Putney High St.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to going following refurb. My friends were no that complimentary on service when went previous day but I thought We world try it out.
We went sat down and 20 minutes later got up and left as no one bothered to come and serve us.

1  Thank AUSTLON
Tom C, Manager at The Spotted Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hi Austlon,

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, we really do pride ourselves on customer service, we offer full table service in the dining room only and bar service in the rest of the pub. We would love to invite you back again so we can show you our usual high standards.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We were pleasantly surprised by the cooking at the Spotted Horse, having turned up at the last minute to have dinner there. The menu was varied and innovative with a separate 'winter warmers' menu, with £12 being charged for each dish. The bacon wrapped chicken dish that I chose from this, with sweet potato hash and a nice dressing was excellent, as was my friend's burger. It was a real sham that the kitchen was let down a little by a shortage of ingrdients (no sides of winter greens available and no feta for the tomato salad side either), but other than this it was great. The service was welcoming and very attentive too!

Tom C, Manager at The Spotted Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hi Barnaby,
Thanks for the great review.We are glad you did make the last minute decision to pop in and have dinner with us, unfortunately we were a little short on the veg delivery, so apologies for this. That chicken dish Martin ( our head chef) has created is amazing, great choice on that front. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

I can touch type 93 words a minute, but it will still take me too long to write what was wrong with the food and complete lack of table service last night.

So let's just give one menu example: The "Smoked haddock, herb mash, wilted spinach, topped with a poached egg" all hides very nicely under the poached egg .... for a whopping £15!

It was supposed to be a specific festive Christmas evening, but the staff barely dressed up and there was no Christmas food on the menu.

We got a much appreciated free round of drinks when we started listing our complaints, but I doubt any of the staff would be able to tell you what they were.