1,696 results
All reviewsprivilege roomcromwell roadearls courta small double roomcomplimentary soft drinksthe natural history museumalbert hallpiccadilly linereception staffbed was comfortablenespresso machinetube stationshort staybreakfast roomhyde parkstayed for one nightfew minutes walk
Reviewed 10 March 2018

As a four star brand, they need more improvement. The hair dryer is missing, I called reception to get one at 11pm, No respond.then I called twice.after I waited 15mins , I was told can't get one..I slept with wet hair..No laundry bag, no tea, coffee amenities replenish..Small thing but should not happen @Mercure.Other than that location, breakfast, Front desk service all good..hope it can improve to be much better as a fan of Acco hotel

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Miranda L

I appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to post a review following your recent departure from the hotel.

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the fact that it was not communicated to you about where we store our hairdryers.
They are always left in a bag on a shelf in the wardrobe.
Following your departure, I checked the room and it was in there.

I am sorry that this was not communicated to you correctly.
Be assured that I will be conducting further training with the team to ensure that they are also aware of where items are in the rooms.
I will also be speaking with the Head Housekeeper to understand why the amenities were not replenished on your room throughout your stay.

I do hope that this does not deter you from returning to the hotel as myself and the team would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Unless you get a room upgrade the rooms & bathrooms are pretty small at this Mercure. There was about 2’ of space between the end of the bed and the wall. The bed was comfortable enough though, and fortunately l went out to eat both evenings l stayed at the hotel, so l didn’t spend much time in the room. The room does have tea/coffee making, plus a valuables safe and an iron, so if you are travelling these are pretty handy. The food options in the bar are pretty limited but it’s a nice enough place for a drink.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike R
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Mike R

We have several different room types available in the hotel, ranging from single to king size rooms. All of our rooms are decorated to the same standard, with our king size rooms also benefitting from Nespresso machines and iPod docking stations.

I am in agreement with you about the beds. They truly are the most comfortable beds I have slept in and I find it very hard to get out of them in the morning when the alarm goes off.

The bar does offer a limited quick service menu with wide variety of drinks available, including some great promotions. There are some exciting changes coming to our bar area in the coming months.

Perhaps the next time you come to London you can visit us and see what these changes are.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights on business at this hotel. Very easy walk from Earls Court Tube station. Check in was very efficient and friendly. Rooms are advertised as small doubles and that’s no joke. You can barely walk round the bed but thus is London and it was a reasonably priced hotel. Room has small desk and good facilities with a decent bathtub and shower. WiFi is free and pretty good quality.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear UrbanFox67

Thank you for the kind review following your recent stay at the Mercure London Kensington.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and that you appreciated the things that we pride ourselves on - service & cleanliness.

We do have several room types available in the hotel ranging from single to king size rooms. All are clearly advertised on the various websites that we sell on. If you would like to rebook with us please go to mercurekensington.com where the best rates will be available for all the room times that we have to offer.

Once again thank you for your kind review and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a budget feel about it. Very small basic rooms but clean with a great shower. Draught all night through the ill-fitting window and while quite quiet overall the soundproofing from other rooms is poor. Never used the bar but prices looked cheap for London hotels and there are loads of places to eat and drink nearby. Only 10mins walk from Natural History Museum

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Martins

Thank you for the review titled "adequately average"

I appreciate your feedback with regards to your stay and I am sorry to hear that the hotel did not live up to your expectations. I will be using this review as feedback for the team and any training that we do with them.

It is only a shame that you did not partake in the other amenities that the hotel has to offer as you will then see that the hotel is anything but average!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Greeted by great staff member easy check in/out. Good clean room great facilities complimentary drinks in fridge nice tea coffe/expresso in room nice and bright pretty spacious. Would happily return. Bed was one of the nicest I’ve slept in and big at that great positive thanks. Only small complaint no bedside plug and the heating doesn’t go very high. Wasn’t cold or anything enough to complain so didn’t give chance for staff to rectify as it wasn’t a problem bed was too comfy to be out of anyway. Thanks

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Meatastic

What a great review.

I am in complete agreement with you about how comfortable the beds are. They are very cozy and when the alarm goes off in the morning they make it very hard to get up and out from under the covers.

We are all looking forward to having you return to us in the very near future.