“A Brilliant Phenomenon!”

and up
The Mousetrap Theater Show in London
Ranked #90 of 384 Concerts & Shows in London
Reviewed 2 April 2018

As a kid 50 years ago I saw the Mousetrap and for the last 40 years my other half has been reminding me that she hasn't seen it. So, OK, it's taken 40 years..but this month I took her to see it!

We booked last year, so had the best seats in the house. Comfy with plenty of leg room. Well worth paying that bit extra. The theatre is a charming old place and a perfect setting for this play. The set is well done and apparently the only part of it that remains from the original is the clock on the mantelpiece.

All the actors were really good and kept us engaged throughout. No well known names, well not well known to me anyway, but it's the play and the author that are the stars anyway.

Well done Mousetrap .... and here's to the next 60 years!

1  Thank DevaBob
"cheap seats"
"lovely theatre"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had to check this out. I mean coming to London and not see it? No way!
The performance was fun and entertaining. The ambiance in the theater is great.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I went with my very unenthusiastic teenage son. He had never been to a play before and I insisted that we see one while in London. Why not be the longest running one there?! We enjoyed the performance. The actors were superb. Nice evening out.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Even though I have read all Agatha Christie's novels, I fully enjoyed this classic presentation. In keeping with the motif, the theater itself is classic and the seating comfortable. The acting the night we say the play was first rate, and I have no reason to believe that is not always the case. Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The theatre is small and quaint and suits perfectly the age the play takes place in which is the early 1950s.

The story is pure AG a group of people all with a reason and a connection in the past to commit the crime with armfuls of red herrings thrown in.

The play is in its 66th year, the longest running stage show in the world with over 27,500 performances and counting.

I enjoyed myself. I think you would as well.