“Excellent service, tasty food”
Review of Sofalino

Sofalino
Reserve with OpenTable
Sofalino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,494 of 25,305 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sofalino is a family run restaurant specialising in homemade pasta and pizza. We also have a selection of meat and fish. We cater for vegetarians and vegans. We also stock wheat free pasta. We offer an express lunch menu from monday to saturday which include pasta's and salads of the day.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We have just had a family lunch in this restaurant and can not fault the food or service today. Excellent menu offering about everything you could imagine from a staple Italian restaurant. I had the 3 course menu for £20 and would recommend just about all choices. Some of the party had specials. Some had a la carte. All were excellent. Service very attentive and friendly as well. On such a hot day as it was today, their open the front for the air to be breezy as well. Plenty of choice in this area. You won’t go wrong with this fine Italian establishment.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

My wife and I have been eating at Sofalino since it opened but for some unknown reason I have never written a review. This review is designed to rectify that omission. Sofalino is s small pleasant family restaurant in Whetstone North London that serves typical Italian food with a Sicilian bias. All meals are prepared whilst you wait and are plentiful and flavoursome. Adriano, the owner, and his staff are always polite and the service is excellent and knowledgeable. If ever you are in Whetstone find the time to drop in for either lunch or dinner, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Our group had an enjoyable evening and the food was nice enough, but for a local eatery I thought it overpriced for what it was. Also add in £23 for a bottle of Merlot and fairly small portions I won’t be in a rush to come back. Service was attentive, nice atmosphere it’s all fine, just for me at least not fine enough to warrant a return visit.

1  Thank srlytton
Reviewed 13 March 2018

My wife and I tried this family run Italian restaurant for the first time last Saturday evening on the recommendation of my wife's brother and we were very impressed. Andrea and his family have made a little pocket of Italy in Whetstone. As we walked in we were greeted with genuine pleasure to see us as though we were old friends and we were show our table straight away. Fresh Italian bread with Olive Oil and Balsamic vinegar were brought over immediately. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was well presented, hot, very tasty and the portions were ample. The waiting staff were very attentive and provided everything we asked for quickly and without any fuss. We enjoyed three courses with coffee and wine and soft drinks. Not the cheapest but worth every penny. Make sure you book early as it was full when we went.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I quite enjoyed my meal but my husband was very underwhelmed with his food (tasteless and overpriced) so I've gone for an average rating rather than the 4 blobs.
I think it has great promise but somehow doesn't quite deliver. Our waiter spoke very little English and it felt a bit like Fawlty Towers when we were ordering. I found the other staff a bit offhand. Might return at some point with girlfriends but don't think I'll get my husband back there.