“Amazing”

Cuisines: British
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my friends (all girls aged 19 & 20) were harassed by a group of much older men and the bar staff were amazing. They put a stop to their behaviour quickly and discreetly. I cannot fault the staff and security, they made us feel very safe. Thank you guys, that is the best service I’ve ever had in a spoons.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank mollye867
Write a reviewReviews (177)

Reviewed 12 August 2021

I visited recently and I've been here many times but never left the review because I used to work in the area.

I was meeting a friend in town and ran very early, so sat down in the pub, I kinda like they left the COVID dividers between tables up as it meant we had some privacy. They encourage ordering via the app which has always been easy to use and I ordered a coffee (with free refills) and the cup arrived within seconds! Fast service!

Once my friend arrived we got to ordering breakfast, I used the app and he used the bar (as you can now) and our orders arrived quick! Food was good, tasty and they had all the sauces nearby. (I was on free refill four at this point - at least it was decaff)

Ahhh WiFi test, well, no need for it, I had full signal 5G for my entire visit, so never used it, but I suspect it did the job, so with it being so near Farringdon station and you can't miss it, I'd definitely recommend it, only let down was smelly toilets and having to change cup every time for refills but that's for obvious reasons right now.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

I have had two visits since lockdown ended. Problem that whilst trying to encourage use of their app many of there beers are not on it. On the occasion I visited without the app working service very slow. Food OK for the price.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 26 August 2020

I know it’s just a Spoons but during our 3 day stay in London we visited here a few times from breakfast to drinks.
It’s clean, covid secure and the staff actually check you’ve done track and trace.
In all our visits we had no issues. Food is standard for spoons and as usual it’s unbeatable value often up to half price cheaper than elsewhere.
It’s almost next door to Farringdon station.

Date of visit: August 2020
2  Thank bestyman
Reviewed 22 August 2020

Typical Wetherspoon but food below average and well below other Wetherspoons. My gammon was so overcooked and no extras such as tomato and mushrooms like other places. Good selection of beers though and reasonable prices. Toilets always have something out of order. Could do better

Date of visit: August 2020