The Ivy House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$271
Trip.com
  • Pool
US$238
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$163
Official Hotel Site
US$193
US$243
US$166
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2013

When we arrived, we got our keys, and it turned out it was a "two in one" hotel: There were actually two hotels, with two doors, sharing owners, reception and "dining room". Our room was at the part called Ivy House Hotel, even though we had booked at the Holly House Hotel, but it didn't really matter.

The room faced the railway, and we could hear the noise from the trains though out the night, so we didn't sleep very well. The so called en suit bathroom was really tiny, and not very nice, so we couldn't bear the thought of showering there.

The breakfast room was in the basement, and very small and cramped. We were very happy we didn't have breakfast there on the first day, as it was boring, white toast, with some crappy "jam" (it looked very artificial).

The room was also very small, so moving around was hard, and even after we turned the heat off, it was sticking hot.

The only good thing I can say about the hotel is that it was very cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for...

Room Tip: Might help to ask for a room facing the street, but would rather go for another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever booked.I was told the bathroom is being worked on so I was walked to another hoteI (about 5 min walk in the hot sun) shown a room 'underground' which was hot and dump/humid. I was walked to another hotel which was dirty. I was walked back to Ivy House Hotel.I Ieft this place and had to look for another hotel. I would be very happy if I could be contacted for more details, please. I paid for nothing!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. It was very hot and there was no fan, but had the weather been cooler, it would have been an ideal stay. Wifi was fast and reliable. Would stay here again happily.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo