Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$112
Doubletree
US$223
US$148
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$71
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury(London)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$124
  • Room Service
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$141
  • Free Internet
US$170
US$141
US$299
US$146
2,675 results
All reviewsblackfriars stationthe club loungeblack friarspaul's cathedralchicken clubfleet streetihg membertwo double bedstesco expresssouth bankgood sizemini barlondon eyean upgradecovent gardenstandard roomborough market
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

As first time tourists in London, we read extensive hotel reviews before booking the Crowne Plaza (the City), which proved to be good value for what we paid. If I return to London, I would definitely consider staying here again.

Things I liked and reasons I would return:

1) The Hotel is right across from the Blackfriars Station, so taking the tube to all the key attractions is easy. It’s about a 10-15 minute ride to Westminster, which puts you right at city center with access to the Parliament, Big Ben, London Eye, etc.

2) The breakfast buffet was good and included an omelette station, porridge, a variety of fruits and juices and a good selection of pastries. I loved the mini chocolate croissants!

3) The room was clean and comfortable with all the amenities you would expect from a hotel in the states. I also liked that it was fairy quiet at night - so you can definitely get a good night’s sleep.

4) There was complimentary bottled water left in our room each day, which was nice! Two bottles of regular water, and two sparkling waters. As an FYI, there is also a Tesco (like a 7-eleven) right on the corner of the block, so that was a convenient way to get snacks for the room. Fun fact, they carry Krispy Kreme donuts!

5) There are two restaurants on the property- one is Italian and the other Chinese. There really aren’t that many restaurants around the hotel, so these are good backup options if you aren’t planning on getting dinner somewhere else in the city. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant the night we arrived, and the food was delicious.

6) Front desk staff and the concierge were very friendly and helpful. We didn’t have any issues ordering taxis or getting recommendations on restaurants or transportation. In fact, we had a 5:30am departure to the Eurostar train station for a day trip to Paris, and the front desk arranged a breakfast to-go bag for us and the concierge had the taxi ready to go.

Another thing to note is that this Crowne Plaza is located in the financial district. Using a NYC analogy, you’re not staying in “Times Square”. So if you want to stay in the middle of the action, this wouldn’t be the place to stay and you will likely pay quite a bit more. From my viewpoint, however, it’s not a factor, especially when getting around London on the tube is so easy and efficient; and even coming back late at night, the Blackfriars station and area around the hotel always felt safe.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vbeltran17
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Spent 3 nights at the the Crowne Plaza City in October. On the first night of our stay the hotel had a burst water pipe resulting in the disconnection of water to all rooms. The manner in which this was handled by all staff at a difficult time for them was exceptional.
They went to great lengths to ensure guests were looked after with extra staff available to advise on breakfast and offer of transfer to another hotel. As we had organised to spend the day with friends at Brighton we said we would decide on our return. A staff member insisted on taking us to the station and assisted us with ticket purchase, platform etc. On return water had been reconnected and we decided to remain at the hotel and were given an upgrade. We will certainly be staying at this hotel when we return to London next year.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We normally stay at this hotel when visiting London and have never really found any problems but on a recent weekend visit we were disappointed by our stay. The first issue was the bathroom - both the kitchen sink and the bath were blocked and water was backing up, this was not nice. Secondly we were not happy with the concierge. We were due to go to the theatre on the Saturday evening and arrived in reception at around 6.40pm to ask for a taxi. We have always done this and always a taxi has been there within minutes. There was another couple waiting who had pre booked bit their taxi hadnt appeared. The concierge wasnt at his post and we waited a good 5 mins fof him to reappear, we did ask tge receptionist if she could help us but were told that he wouldnt be long. When he eventually appeared there was alot of scratching the head as apparently he couldnt find us a taxi. 20 mins had passed at this point and the show started at 7.30. He eventually found one but said it would be 10 mins. The other couple were still waiting too. At 7.10 a taxi drew up outside but the concierge went off with the other couple to flag them a taxi but failed to tell us the one waiting was ours. At 7.15 we went out to ask the taxi driver who said it must be for us. To cut a long story short we were late for the show and very upset about this. We had wasted 35 minutes messing around and did not expect this from a top hotel. This has put us off staying again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - The City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear lesley4132,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the level of service you received from our staff and for not living up to your expectations regarding our bathroom condition. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

First time in this Crowne Plaza, we were upgraded to Club level which was nice. Room is comfortable with a separate desk and sofa. Interior is what you can expect from a big chain four star hotel. Annoyingly, the service staff has a habit of walking into the room without waiting. Knock knock and straight after that open the door. Happened more than once. Club lounge wasn't open to us despite the upgrade.

The breakfast area on the upper ground floor is very good. Spacious, cozy, located in the corner of the building, provides a good start of the day. Food selection is excellent, staff is friendly and helpful, apart from the guy making omelets, I think he operated on a different rhythm.

The club in the basement is good. Nice personell, good choice of drinks and a DJ on the Friday night.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017

After reading about they pulled out all the stops! I decided to book this hotel for a celebration stay, wished I hadn’t bothered! We had a confirmation call the day before to see if we wanted a 2 double bed in one room, or just a double bed room, because I’d booked another room for my daughter and they wanted us as close as possible, how lovely I thought, so I confirmed yes I wanted 2 doubles in our room, ok was the response, on arriving we told that we had 3 double rooms as they didn’t have a twin or 2 doubles available for our stay as they’d had a flood on our floor, I explained we didn’t need 3 rooms just the 2 and things happen don’t worry, then thought later we’d ask for a receipt, good job we did, we’d been charged for the room we could have! My daughter had 2 dressing gowns and slippers in her wardrobe, we had 1 dressing gown and no slippers, my daughter had a pair of dirty men’s socks on the floor by the head of her bed, her room obviously hadn’t been cleaned properly, they didn’t replenish our milk the next day, took the shower cap and left a scrunched up towel hanging on the towel rail in our room, my daughters bathroom products weren’t replaced either, feeling let down we complained and we got the difference in room charge refunded, my daughters room was cleaned and she had a small bunch of flowers as an apology, we were given some slippers but no gown, we managed to get some fresh milk from the restaurant and my daughter bought some bathroom products from Tesco near by. The breakfast at the hotel is plentiful, fresh fruit and cooked breakfast available, continental is also available. The hotel is ideally placed for the Blackfriars tube station, it’s in a central location for sightseeing. We’ve stayed in better travelodges for less, crowne plaza needs to sort out their housekeeping, it’s really let you down on this occasion!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank d3vonbird
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - The City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hello d3vonbird,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the overall cleanliness of the room assigned to you. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G