“Home Cooking”
Review of Bella Naples

Ranked #5,600 of 24,832 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Has been open less than a year. Small family establishment run by two brothers from Naples. Delicious authentic pizza and homemade Italian desserts.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had an excellent meal. 4 people all with different choices and we all really enjoyed it. I had lasagne , 1 had vegetarian pasta, 1 had fish 1 had bolognese. Then I had home made cheese cake. The whole thing was delicious. I wish I lived nearer this restaurant.

marcello s, Owner at Bella Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Coborn57,

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it!

We're so glad to hear that you and your party all enjoyed our food and we hope you had a great evening!

We're sad to hear that you don't live close by, but perhaps you might visit us again in the future?

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Thought my meal was OK but the portions were rather small. My wife complained that the fish and veg were not quite what the menu said.
My daughter thought her pasta was rather salty and tasteless. All in all it was "not too bad" but we won't go back.

1  Thank SRedburn

Hi SRedburn,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate all reviews, good or bad, as we learn from them.

We have noted your concerns and we'll try to fix these issues. We hope that you might change your mind and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The food here is incredible!! Not going to lie the wait is a bit crazy and I was getting so hungry...But when the food came it was amazing!! For starters was the mushrooms on toast which wasn't that great but tasty, the main was fresh pasta. The confusing part was on the menu it says homemade on some dishes but we asked the waiter and homemade dishes are to say the pasta is fresh. It was sooooo good!! Definitely worth the wait!! The sauce...omg, was out of this world. I am a huge Italian cuisine fan and it's hard to find good Italian food from a independent place but this was amazing! Definitely my go to place, when I'm in the area!!

Hi Becca A,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it!

We're so glad that you loved our pasta, we make everything from scratch for it and it is a true honour to hear such a wonderful review of it!

We're really happy to hear that you'll be returning to us in the future, we welcome you to do so.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I telephoned to book a table, and requested a specific table by the window. That was duly honoured, so a big thank you for that.
The starters were very good. Delicious king prawns, perfectly seasoned and cooked. Mussels were also lovely. Mains were cod and ravioli, both of which were delicious. Panacota desert was ok, but could have been better.
A few minor detractions from an otherwise lovely meal -
- It’s a small restaurant, and they need to re-jig the seating by the window. It’s very cramped! And the tables for 2 are very small. I was bumping the chap on the table behind me every time I moved. But it was my fault for requesting that table..
- The rather naff and cheesy Christmas music got a little irritating by the end of the evening.
- It could have been just a touch warmer in the restaurant. It wasn’t cold, but a couple of degrees warmer would have been appreciated.
- I asked for a Gin and Tonic, and the waitress poured the Gin into a glass first and only then told me they had no tonic. She instead offered me Soda water. She clearly is not a Gin drinker. Since the Gin was already poured, I didn’t want to make a scene, and in hindsight rather stupidly accepted this travesty. I should have been offered an alternative drink, or someone could have popped out across the road and bought some tonic and lime, ( which was also missing ) there is an off license 50 meters to the right of the restaurant.
- The waitress really looks like she doesn’t want to be there. This may well be due to being overworked - she’s the only staff on the floor - but a smile goes a long way.
- The decor is a little tired, and could quite easily and cheaply be updated, and made fresher and more welcoming. The open kitchen and wood-fired kiln is a lovely feature, and should be more of a focal point and add to the charm of the restaurant.
- The last point is either a positive or a negative, depending on how much time you have to spend on your meal. The service is very, very slow! We spent 3 hours in there, which was great because we weren’t in a hurry and it gave us a chance to enjoy the conversation. You are also pretty much left alone once you’ve finished your meal and not shooed out the door. But if you have any time constraints at all, then this might not be the place for you.
All in all, the food made up for the little slippages above and we will be returning.

Hi Sierra165,

Thank you very much for this wonderfully detailed review, we really appreciate it!

We learn from all reviews, good or bad and we hope we'll be able to change few things to guarantee our customers' satisfaction.

We're really glad that you enjoyed our food and despite the minor details, we hope that you'll return again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I have eaten here a few times. As we went to watch a movie in the cinema in front of this restaurant, we decided to come here, as I knew the food is very good and their prices quite fare compare to the awful Italian chains.

We had garlic bread, which they do in their wood fire oven. Then, I had the mixed seafood spaghetti, which were superb. My wife enjoyed her Capricciosa pizza as I did ( because I try one slice). For dessert, we had the tiramisu. Oh!! Was incredible!

The service was very good. The staff and chef were very good syncronised and paying attention to details.

Coming back soon!

Hi Antonio M,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, it really made us smile!

We're chuffed to hear that you and your wife had a good evening and enjoyed all of the dishes that you ordered! The tiramisu is our favourite as well!

We'll be waiting for your return!