2,458 results
All reviews mr sakar paddington station hyde park duplex room westbourne terrace heathrow express business trip booked this hotel rooms are small breakfast was excellent english breakfast oxford street yogurt arina doorman pounds
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I arrived to a very warm welcome and smooth check in. I have been upgraded to a duplex suite, with the sleeping area upstairs( with very creaky stairs!). The bathroom is downstairs and very small & no room to put anything! The room smells faintly of the cheap tree air freshener that you get in cars, but it is very clean with a fridge and microwave. Cookies and fruit too! The wifi is very fast and stable. There is quite a lot of traffic noise, but the air con is masking it. Plenty of nearby restaurants and shops to choose from.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear cros831,

Thank you for taking the time to advice of your recent stay at the Park Grand London Hyde Park hotel.
We are delighted to read about the warm and professional service you received at the time of check-in, and although the bathroom size was not as you expected, we hope that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to our duplex suite.
Please be assured that your comments will be passed on to our housekeeping department who will be looking into diversifying the ambiance scent in our rooms. Moreover, our maintenance team will be happy to assist you in operating the air conditioning system if you consider this to be loud.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Warm regards,
Adriana Fratianu

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I visit London about once every 2-3 months and frequently stay at the park grand chain .
On every visit I am warmly greeted by Darja and Sakar at reception who's always working on lave evening shift .
They remember I enjoy my lamb curry and pint of cobra after check-in and when I fancy something else always suggest booking a table for me .
on business travels arriving from airport I appreciate quick and smooth service and someone knows I will need to be feed as well .
Thanks guys for great services.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GerardP986
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Gerard P,
What a great pleasure and honour to count you amongst our most valued fans!

The entire team and I would like to thank you for dedicating your very first Trip Advisor review to The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel .

It will always be our greatest pleasure to welcome you in your London home.
I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic experience with us in so many aspects. There is no better recognition than reading our valued guests’ satisfaction.

We are very much looking forward to your next visit to London .

With my kindest regards,
Gurdeep Singh

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and all the staff are very friendly.
Good value for money . Its convenient to bus line and underground from paddington and lancaster gate station.
I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers either for leisure or business.
The hotel staff was also fantastic with everything we requested. Special mention to Mr Sakar and Ms Darja on front desk .
I had a very bad headache felt like a migraine attack . Sakar and Darja went out their way to get me to saint marys hospital , they were so caring and helpful.
We will definitely be staying here again inshallah next year vacation.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Raed A

Dear Raed A,
Thank you so much for taking the time so write lovely review on TripAdvisor .
The entire team are so touched by your kind words and are very grateful for your support.
We are so pleased that you appreciated our very friendly and personalised service, enjoyed your room and found the location great. Indeed we are really dedicated to our guests and to making sure they have the best possible experience. Greater London is an amazing city that we really love but what we love even more is being able to share it with our guest . There is so much around our neighborhood being in our very cosy Paddington village . It can be hard to know where to go or what to do but we are always here to share our experience and best tips.

It was an absolute the pleasure of hosting you again and thank you again for recommending us. We wish you all the best, starting with a nice end of holidays in Europe!

With my warmest regards,
Gurdeep Singh

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a family room for 4. There was not enough room for us to even walk with us in the room
The bathroom was smaller than my closet. Noplace to move or put any of our toiletries.

There were 2 full sized beds. Not even queen. One of the kids had to sleep on the floor. There was not room for a roll away bed in the room and not room for 2 big teen boys in that tiny bed.

The staff was fantastic - could not have been nicer or more helpful. They had to work with what they had

They charged me 8 pounds ($12) for coffee. The moderate buffet was 15 pounds ($23). Not worth it.

It's well located near Paddinggon station so easy to get from place to place.

Don't think I will book there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Bichonronni,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you on your most recent trip to London and The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel on TripAdvisor.

However, we are sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations in some areas. Rest assured that we will immediately review our products and services and address the shortcomings with the necessary corrective action to ensure we deliver a much improved experience to our guests in the future.

We appreciate your constructive feedback and sincerely hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better on your next visit to town. You may reach me at dm@parkgrandhydepark.co.uk should you ever reconsider staying with us again .

Very much so looking forward to the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Kind regards,
Sakar Bhattarai

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Pro:
Nice location, polite staff.

Cons:
Lack of furnitures (no dinning table and chairs), and destructed uncomfortable bed.

tl;dr
I'm aware that hotel rooms in London are small. we stay at a 2 story suite with a living room and kitchen.

There are _NO_ furniture for dinning, no table to place your food.

This might not be critical, since London is a city with lots of restaurants.

Here's the worst part, the bed is totally gone. no support and extremely uncomfortable. My personal opinion, hotel is where you rest. There is no way you can get any sleep on this bed!

I'm not a picky sleeper, and not talking about some plush bed. This is even worse than sleeping on the floor.

I don't think a decent bed to rest is too much to ask for a "4 star bouquet hotel in London"...

Trip type: Travelled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Kai P,

Thank you for your detailed review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the Park Grand London, Hyde Park.

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding your stay. We are sorry to hear that you had experienced some issues and wish that I had the time prior to your departure to discuss this with you in detail.

Please allow me to once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and request if you could kindly could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or can call me on +44 (0) 20 7262 4521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Kind Regards,