“Really terrible”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #242 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My mother and I went to London at the beginning of July. We chose this hotel because it was near Hyde Park where I was going to the Tom Petty concert on Sunday the 9th. The hotel was expensive and when we arrived, first there were a lot of people trying to do the check-in. We waited around 40 minutes or so. Apparently the place was undergoing some construction or (much needed) renovations or something so they moved us to a different building and it was terrible. We asked for double room with two beds,and they gave what is supposed to be that but it was tiny, we barely could fit with our bags, let alone move around the room. When we asked to be changed the people on the other property, which I'm guessing it's cheaper than the other one, told us they had to charge for the upgrade so, because we really didn't fit in the other room, we accepted. But this other room was bad too. We found a few ants on one of the beds, then one morning the shower didn't work and they couldn't fix. The water was too hot and the solution they gave me was to leave the water from the faucet open while taking a shower so it could be more cold....so as you can read, it was a mess. The only thing good was that it is indeed really close to Hyde Park and two different Tube stations: Paddington and Lancaster Gate. Around Paddington you can find options to eat. There was one guy, but I can't remember his name, that was extremely helpful. So I really want to thank him because the really did tried to assist me and my mother. Anyway, as usual, hotel rooms does not look like in the pretty pictures on their websites. For me, this was an expensive hotel that was definitely not worth it and I do not recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the Park Grad Hyde Park with high hopes. On checking in, the lady at the reception desk didn't have the friendliest attitude, was very matter of fact and somewhat brash.
I was given the key to my room and made my way over.
On arrival to my room, I noticed that the trash was not emptied from the previous guest (it contained some personal papers - probably a good idea not to throw these out in a hotel bin as you don't know if they're emptying the trash). As well as this, the bed sheets had small red stains on them which you would not expect for £130 a night.
If given the choice, I would not stay in this hotel again as the rooms were very small and for the price, the cleanliness was not up to the standard that it should have been. Continental breakfast for £10 was as expected - scrambelled eggs, mushrooms, bacon, cereals etc.
A positive, however, was the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were nice and firm.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Concettinaaa ,
Thank you for sharing your insights of Park grand London Hyde Park following your recent stay with us. We appreciate all kinds of constructive feedback as it allows us to review our standards and further improve our hotel experience. It is with our great concern to have learned that we did not deliver an experience that met your expectations or the proud service standards of ours which renowned for.
Please accept our unreserved apologies for inconvenience caused .

I have tried to locate your reservation in our system , however , I am unable to do so therefore I kindly request you to please send us your reservation details in order for us to locate your reservation and understand be your review better .
Moreover , I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly at
dm@parkgrandhydepark.co.uk or you can reach me on 02072624521 to further investigate and discuss your experience with us and to restore your confidence in our hotel.

We sincerely hope for an opportunity to deliver a much improved Park Grand experience to you in the future. We thank you once again for your much valuable feedback.

With renewed apologies,
Sakar Bhattarai

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for 7 nights and it was really awesome .
Hotel is in good location good stuff this why i choose to stay .
I booked a deluxe single room and it was smaller than I expected. I will book double next time .
All staff are very friendly , special mention to Mr sakar who is very nice .
I would recommend this hotel to everybody.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank abdulilah S
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Abdulilah S ,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your recent stay at The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel on TripAdvisor community .

I am delighted to learn that your stay was a thoroughly enjoyable experience in every aspect. It gives me great pleasure to read your kind words on our excellent service, our attentive team, the hotel decor, the well appointed room .

Moreover , it elates my happiness to hear that you truly appreciated the attention to detail provided by our team especially Sakar who always goes the extra mile to deliver outstanding service to the end, and beyond.

It was wonderful to read your comments and rest assured that I will share your feedback with the team who always take great pride in ensuring each guest has a memorable stay.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel in not too distant future.

With my warm regards,
Gurdeep Singh

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I arrived to a very warm welcome and smooth check in. I have been upgraded to a duplex suite, with the sleeping area upstairs( with very creaky stairs!). The bathroom is downstairs and very small & no room to put anything! The room smells faintly of the cheap tree air freshener that you get in cars, but it is very clean with a fridge and microwave. Cookies and fruit too! The wifi is very fast and stable. There is quite a lot of traffic noise, but the air con is masking it. Plenty of nearby restaurants and shops to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear cros831,

Thank you for taking the time to advice of your recent stay at the Park Grand London Hyde Park hotel.
We are delighted to read about the warm and professional service you received at the time of check-in, and although the bathroom size was not as you expected, we hope that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to our duplex suite.
Please be assured that your comments will be passed on to our housekeeping department who will be looking into diversifying the ambiance scent in our rooms. Moreover, our maintenance team will be happy to assist you in operating the air conditioning system if you consider this to be loud.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Warm regards,
Adriana Fratianu

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I visit London about once every 2-3 months and frequently stay at the park grand chain .
On every visit I am warmly greeted by Darja and Sakar at reception who's always working on lave evening shift .
They remember I enjoy my lamb curry and pint of cobra after check-in and when I fancy something else always suggest booking a table for me .
on business travels arriving from airport I appreciate quick and smooth service and someone knows I will need to be feed as well .
Thanks guys for great services.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerard P
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Gerard P,
What a great pleasure and honour to count you amongst our most valued fans!

The entire team and I would like to thank you for dedicating your very first Trip Advisor review to The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel .

It will always be our greatest pleasure to welcome you in your London home.
I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic experience with us in so many aspects. There is no better recognition than reading our valued guests’ satisfaction.

We are very much looking forward to your next visit to London .

With my kindest regards,