other travellers have booked this property

Review of Home from Home

En-suite Bathroom (1 of 2) Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Balcony
En-suite Bathroom (1 of 2)
Kitchen
The Building
Lounge
Building
Lounge/kitchen
Master bedoom with en-suite
World famous Portobello Market
...with fantastic restaurants like Pizza East...
The iconic Marble Arch...
The breathtaking Albert Memorial...
And Buckingham Palace all a short ride away!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
simmyb85
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Average Apartment, Unfriendly Owner”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I stayed at this apartment with some friends as a base for Notting Hill Carnival and westfields shopping centre as it is in a perfect location for exploring both on foot (If you don't mind a bit of a walk!) whilst the location was great, with Portobello road also a short walk away, myself and my group were disappointed with the apartment. In the pictures this apartment looks modern, clean and spacious, however in reality it is quirky and cluttered with many of the owners belongings occupying the space. The apartment initially seemed fairly clean, however, when we took a closer look the kitchen area and bathrooms needed further cleaning before we used them.
I was very disappointed by the owners attitude towards us as a group staying for carnival, she made it clear that she disapproved of the event and was suspicious that as we were attending we would be the type of people to cause problems. I was told off and warned in the same manner you would a teenager you were leaving home alone! I also feel that her response times to queries I made before our stay were mostly slow once I had paid. They also lacked information I had asked for. For the price I paid you can rent nicer accommodation with much friendlier and efficient service, therefore I would not stay again or recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: The clutter
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
6 Oct 2013
I spoke with one of the four young ladies about the rules of the apartment building, given that their occupation was during Carnival. I intended no offence, and I said so at the time. One of them had used hair dye which had stained the carpet. I did not ask for compensation, rather returned the balance of the deposit immediately. I am far from unfriendly and extremely courteous to guests. It is unfortunate that I have not succeeded in securing other reviews.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing