“So nearly great”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Champneys Health Clubs
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Went to Champneys St Albans for an aromatherapy massage. The lady on the till sold me a back neck and shoulder massage instead, but when I queried this, she icily told me that the two were under the same option in the till. Okay, whatever. On the day, I was kept waiting for the first ten minutes of my half hour appointment. My masseur was lovely and gave me a great massage, but she was new and no one had told her that 'back neck and shoulder' actually meant 'aromatherapy massage.' I paid £38 for a half hour appointment and only received 20 minutes of the wrong treatment. When I complained, the staff openly blamed the masseur who seemed to be the only person who actually acted with any professionalism. Fail.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I was at Champneys Tring, in Feb 2013 and it was still as fantastic an experience as the last time I visited. Despite the cold weather outside, it was a good opportunity to go in the jacuzzi and the 'thalaso' pool. The whole visit was so relaxing..... just what I needed.
The rooms are welcoming, the food is healthy, fresh and delicious and the whole atmosphere has to be experienced to be appreciated. Wake up exercises, dance classes, meditation classes, health talks etc etc. And the varied treatments. Name it, you've got it. And if you visit alone, you get to sit on the 'champney's table' at dinner time! A great opportunity to meet lots of lovely people.
All in all, a fantastic experience.

1  Thank suzygirlie
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Second visit to Champneys Tring. A Mother's Day treat from my daughter. Absolutely wonderful experience. So relaxing... Beautiful weather made it so enjoyable....Welcome drink in beautiful surroundings ....pools.. reading rooms..outdoor jacuzzi...delicious coffees in cafe...beside Peter Andre.... Met Frank Bruno in Steam room who was charming and delightful... Light lunch in cafe.. Didn't want to leave....highly recommend... A delight.... .left feeling "full of wellness"

2  Thank joanoArmagh
Reviewed 25 February 2010

My sister and I had a recent wonderful short break at Champneys Springs in Leicestershire. Without exception the staff were fantastic, helpful and pleasant and our treatments sublime. The food is healthy but so delicious you would never know and wine is available at dinner if like us you enjoy a glass to help you relax after a day doing not a lot. For the vigorous the gym is fully equipped, there are lots of classes and the pool area is gorgeous with jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Our economy room (all others fully booked) was a good size, pristinely clean with a small but adequate bathroom. Just bliss.

1  Thank JEDYorkshire