“A has been health spa”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Champneys Health Clubs
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Once a great place to stay, now a sad inditement of the past. The staff are rude, the customer comes last and nothing is for free. The massage therapists are not top notch, more like just out of beauty school. The best rooms are extra, and the basic rooms are no where near the standard of some of the newer hip hotel spa's. In a day or three gone by Champneys would stand head and shoulders above the rest, now its probably one of the worst value for money establishments. The food is mediocre and the service is poor. If you want to go somewhere to be treated as unimportant and for staff to ignore your complaints and for you to feel like a second class citizen, then Tring is for you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1  Thank Edinbchic

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband gave me this for Christmas and I gave my daughter the same. Very welcoming with a light breakfast option on arrival. The Thalassotherapy was reduced from £20 to £10 when we booked but probably should have been included as the all the 'attendant' did was indicate when it was time to move to the next 'jet' setup. We also booked a massage and facial which was excellent and very efficiently run. We used all the free facilities especially the indoor/outdoor jacuzzi. Lunch was well presented and tasty and a good choice. We also took advantage of the taster treatments on offer by Elemis that day. All in all a good experience and we would go back.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

In November my husband gave me a stay at Champneys Tring for my birthday. We had such a great time we decided to have a return day and said we would do this in April when the weather would be better and we could have a walk in their beautiful grounds. Today we did this and had an amazing day, which started with the walk and went in the open air jacuzzi, Paul went in the Thalassotherapy pool and I sunbathed around the jacuzzi. On arrival you are given lovely white fluffy dressing gowns and slippers, which you can wear for the entire day, including lunch! We then had the Body Radiance massage and my masseuse Christia was brilliant. We then had lunch which was both delicious and healthy. Then followed the Luxury Facial and I was lucky to have Christia again, sheer pleasure, followed by a pedicure for me and a manicure of Paul. A truly wonderful, relaxing day - fantastic.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Went to Champneys St Albans for an aromatherapy massage. The lady on the till sold me a back neck and shoulder massage instead, but when I queried this, she icily told me that the two were under the same option in the till. Okay, whatever. On the day, I was kept waiting for the first ten minutes of my half hour appointment. My masseur was lovely and gave me a great massage, but she was new and no one had told her that 'back neck and shoulder' actually meant 'aromatherapy massage.' I paid £38 for a half hour appointment and only received 20 minutes of the wrong treatment. When I complained, the staff openly blamed the masseur who seemed to be the only person who actually acted with any professionalism. Fail.