“Tea for 2”

Ranked #996 of 25,573 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: AA award winning The Grill at the newly opened Amba Hotel Marble Arch offers a variety of top quality steaks, succulent slow braised ribs & whole fresh fish to name a few. A carefully crafted wine list complements the menu with choices from all around the world.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for tea for 2 for my birthday we went on sat 31st march we had our time booked for 430pm but we arrived early 3:45pm and was seated early. The man at the desk was very polite and seated us but I do have come complaint. we waited to be served no one was coming the place was quite and there was about 5-6 tables at the time waiters came and went and no one served us people came after us and got the tea for 2 still we are seating waiting. In the end it was around 430pmI had to tell the waiter that we had been seated and not given a menus for the tea (they looked shocked as it seem there were different waiters for differ people. ) that’s my only complaint. The staff were good afterwards the food was very nice it lost a star with the communication sorry to say but every thing else was good.

1  Thank traveller81England

Reviewed 22 March 2018

This was my second time to visit for tea, and I thoroughly love the afternoon tea served, there is plenty of space to enjoy tea and have private discussions without being over heard....
The staff are a treasure, Roxanne is a delight and goes the extra mile for customers with a smile!
Lovely décor, fabulous choice of tea's and tempting grand piano to play!!! :-)
See you again very soon!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We went there for an afternoon tea. The atmosphere looks comfortable and nice. Our biggest surprise was when our waitress brought the sparkling wine and accidentally poured its content over the whole table as well as splashing my friend’s jacket. Then she disappeared without comment for 5mins while we were sitting at a table that was soaked with wine. Luckily another waiter finally came and offered for us to switch tables. When asked they brought a towel with warm water to wipe the wine from the jacket but didn’t offer to pay for dry cleaning.
We had some small accidents following that. When we received the afternoon tea tray, a scone promptly fell off and on the floor. While pouring tea, the waiter also spilt a small amount on the tablecloths.
It really seemed to have been an off day for them. The afternoon tea food-wise itself was very good and enjoyable. We were especially impressed by their gluten-free option which was very good.
When we received the bill, a service charge was on it. As we were in a hurry we did pay for it even though the service was not superb due to the many accidents and their way of dealing with them afterwards. I hope that this was just an off-day for them but think they should train their staff better in how to deal with the aftermath of accidents e.g. not leaving your customers sitting there wondering whether we were expected to eat on a wine-soaked tablecloth.

Date of visit: February 2018
Kelv L, Manager at The Grill at Amba Hotel Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear mengjiaow,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for making us aware of what took place during your visit. I wish to extend my apologies for the poor service that you received and I will like to investigate this matter so as to ensure that there is not a repeat in future.

On another point, I am happy that you enjoyed the food and our gluten-free option. I will send you a personal message shortly.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at the Grill in amba Hotel Marble Arch, it was very delicious. I had a cured salmon, sirloin steak and a Eton mess. The service was excellent. We had a great time wil definitely come back.

Dear Jelle B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dinner with us at The Grill, Amba Hotel Marble Arch and I hope that you will return again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Horrific service, problems taking our order. 1 main brought out before starter cleared away. Other main totally forgotten about.

Offered to bring missing meal to the room. 25 minutes passed before receiving a call to tell me that the meal had not in fact been cooked so I wouldn't be getting it after all.

£58 for the worst eating experience

Wish I could give this place zero stars

Dear Chris Y,

I am sorry to read this and thank you for taking the time to inform us. I extend my apologies for the service you describe and we have investigated this and I believe there may have been a communication problem on our end which we now can make sure does not happen in future.

Regards,