“Great location, not quite what I expected”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ugo E
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

The studio is situated in a very good position, is very close to bayswater and queensway station.
In the area you can find a really good exchange comparate to the rest in the downtown, a lots of shops and restaurant as well.
I booked the studio for three people, and the only complaint is about the beds.
The mattress of the double bed is not really confortable, and into the sofa "bed" actually thereisn'ta mattress, but just a sponge, and the person who has sleept on, had her back destroyed.
However I belive that are solvable problems, and I recommend to reint this studio!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
25 Feb 2016
Thank you for your honest feedback.
SecretSau...
Halifax
“Great location, not quite what I expected”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

I am very happy with the communication with the rental company during the reservation, making the booking, and prior to arriving. They kept me well informed, and made sure that I knew what was going on with the rental, which was very appreciated since this was a private rental rather than a traditional hotel rental, and it was really hard to find a lot of information about them prior to booking.

The day before check in, I was able to change my arrival time by an hour without any issue, and I was called a half hour before arrival by the agent meeting me at the property to ensure that I was still on time.

I met with Daritz at the front door, who helped with luggage and led me up 4 floors, along an increasingly narrower and steeper staircase. By the time I reached the room, I was out of breath while carrying luggage. During my stay, I counted the stairs, and there are a total of 75. The room is on the fourth floor of the building.

This should really be mentioned on the advertisement for the property, so people understand what they are in for, as it is billed as a family friendly location and great for kids.

Its not the total number of stairs, it is the narrowness, lack of handrails after the second floor, and the steepness.

The carpeting on the stairs and hallways looks dirty, and is somewhat loose, which caused a few issues with catching my feet on the stairs while climbing.

The room itself is completely as advertised. It has a double bed, a loveseat sized hideabed, a kitchen and ensuite bathroom.

When I arrived, bath towels and hand towels were available. Daritz gave a great demo of the appliances, and the features of the apartment.

There are plates/bowls/glasses/mugs/cookware/flatware/and various kitchen tools. There is a toaster (that takes multiple tries to get the bread to stay down), a microwave (looks like there was a small fire at some point as the bottom right corner was melted), what a north american would call a bar fridge (it was dirty, there looked to be spilled dried milk spilled all over the interior). The kitchen area had ceramic tile, which was cracked, including one chuck that was loose that our toes kept catching. The electric stove / oven worked well, and we were warned that the stove top lights don't work so be careful...

The rest of the floor is laminate and also a bit dirty.

The bathroom was very small, and didn't have a hook for hanging the hand towel, and had half a roll of "paper". The kitchen had dish soap, which I'm guessing was left by a former renter. I used my GPS suction cup holder as a towel hook during the stay.

The cabinets and wardrobe were cheap looking and in rough shape. The wardrobe was leaning and the doors didn't quite close unless you shook the unit a bit.

There are no night stands, but the window sill is close to the bed.

During my stay, I purchased toilet paper, hand soap, and a dish cloth for washing (a sponge was provided..). These are all reminders of things that are offered by a hotel, but not in a private rental.

The location was perfect for my needs, a short walk to 2 underground stations giving access to multiple tube lines, and only about 5 stops to Victoria station, where the Gatwick Express leaves from.

Within a 10 minute walk, I dare anyone to find a type of food/restaurant that isn't available. There are 3 small grocery type stores nearby, I recommend Waitrose on Porchester Road. They sell a variety of ready to cook healthy meals in foil pans, ready to slip into the oven.

If you need to do laundry, I highly recommend The Launderette Center which is pretty much right across the street from Waitrose. The staff was fantastic.

With a few relatively inexpensive changes, towel racks in the bathroom, a small night table next to the bed, new toaster, and fix the tile in the kitchen area, I think the experience could be improved greatly.

Wifi access was provided, but it only worked for a few hours on one device on the first night. The rest of the time either the access point couldn't be found, or it was found, but had such poor signal that I couldn't connect. I had 4 different devices and all had the same issue.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, and found that the whole experience was really smooth, but if I had known about the 4 floor walk up, I may have chosen a different property.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Overall state of the property, seemed a bit unclean on arrival.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
25 Feb 2016
Thanks a lot for taking the time out to write a review. We really appreciate all feedback from our guests. Liz.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing