“Home delivery or rather no delivery!!”
Review of Chotto Matte

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Peruvian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: The Chotto experience centres around the finest Nikkei cuisine. Chotto's flagship site celebrates the marriage of Japanese and Peruvian fare in a unique contemporary urban environment. Serving signature sharing plates and cocktails that are celebrated worldwide.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the recommendation of friends we ordered the home delivery of the signature box for two people with cocktails. We ordered 6 days in advance for delivery on 12 Feb. Order confirmed and £96 taken immediately.
It is now 8.15pm on the 12th and we still do not have our food or any explanation as to why it has not been delivered. Have phoned and sent texts and emails but no reply.
We have now had to pay extra money to get some last minute food !!
This is my favourite type of food and we were really looking forward to trying it.
So disappointed and a real let down. Will wait to see if my money is refunded as quickly as it was taken ??
This is the very first review I have ever written !!

Date of visit: February 2021
Chotto Matte Soho, Owner at Chotto Matte, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi G123R1234,
I am really sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with your Chotto at Home experience.
Could you please send your contact details and order reference number to alessia.malatesta@chotto-matte.com in order to investigate this issue further?
Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Write a reviewReviews (1,963)

Reviewed 29 December 2020

I was so impressed with how helpful your staff was! Aljona was so quick and prompt and Miguel very attentive. We’ve been here a few times and have loved it every time. Thank you!
Ambience wasn’t really the venues fault, we had two work parties (I assume) on either side of us who were really noisey. After they left, it was a lot more relaxed

Date of visit: December 2020
Chotto Matte Soho, Guest Relations Manager at Chotto Matte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

Dear CharlottaB51,
we can't express how happy your fantastic feedback has made us! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Take care,
Chotto Matte Team

Reviewed 15 December 2020

I went early December and I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was so relaxing and the staff were nice. I ate so much food I was busting. I ordered the the dragon roll, Asado de Tira and the BBQ Fried Chicken and chocolate brownie. Everything was delicious. My friends and I laughed, talked, ate and weren't rushed to leave at all. Lovely experience

1  Thank IAnew1234

Dear lAnew1234,
Thank you very much for your great feedback! Excellent selection of dishes too! We are really glad to hear that you had a great time at Chotto Matte.
We look forward to see you again soon!
Stay safe,
Chotto Matte team

Reviewed 14 December 2020

The food here was absolutely amazing, there really isn't much to say more than that. The atmosphere was great. Every dish was stunningly cooked and presented so well, it was so worth the money. I really have to recommend the Dragon roll, was pretty much the most amazing sushi i've ever had, it actually melted in my mouth. Do not miss out.

Date of visit: November 2020

Dear Lydiasalt,
Thanks very much for taking the time to share your wonderful comment! The Dragon Roll is definitely a must at Chotto Matte, we are really glad to hear that you enjoyed!
We can't wait to have you as our guests once again!
All the best,
Chotto Matte Team

Reviewed 14 December 2020

This was our first visit to the restaurant and will not be the last one for sure. We were celebrating our Anniversary, and everything went just perfect. We go to restaurants regurlarly, and in most of them , Sunday evenings’ service tends to be average, which is quite unfair since you are paying 12.5% service charge. However, this night was incredible. Thank you so much to Chris, who looked after us tonight.
On the food side, I am intolerant to both gluten and dairy, which normally tends to be an issue when dinning outside. Chris arranged the meal for us so I could eat everything without missing the real essence of the dishes. Normally nobody thanks the kitchen so - Thank you Guys, because food was outstanding! Price matches the quality of the food, in our case: 8 dishes to share + 4 cocktails , for which we payed £170. A price you already expect.
Restaurant is absolutely beautiful, staff incredibly kind, and food mouth-watering.

We will definetly be back, and we higly recommend.

Dear Maria A,
Thank you so much for such a lovely feedback, we are so glad to hear that our team made your anniversary at Chotto Matte an unforgettable experience.
We are really proud of our highly trained team and we strive to ensure that all dietary requirements are accommodated to guarantee the highest standards in terms of service and food.
Your kind words will reach Chris as well as the kitchen stars that you so kindly paid tribute to.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Take care,