“Hmm”
Review of fabric

fabric
Ranked #274 of 1,317 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: fabric showcases underground DJ talent, internationally-renowned electronic music legends and accomplished live acts. The DJs and artists that play there are dedicated to cutting-edge house, techno, electro, disco, dub-techno drum & bass and anything else that fits within the confines of the night's future-forward and ever-evolving programming.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Unfriendly bouncers. 1984 amount of security (everybody had to take their shoes off!). Overpriced drinks. Good music though

2  Thank Meise123
in 27 reviews
"cloakroom"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was honestly the worst club I have been to.

You constantly have the feeling to be under surveillance by the security staff.

It seems like an entire army works there.

The entrance process was very harsh:

You have to put all your belongings into a bowl, put your shoes off and let the security staff search you for drugs.

You also have to show your ID, which the staff scans and saves for reasons I don't know.

I find this very obscure for a club to save those private data in their "cloud"? I doubt that a nightclub saves your ID CARD!! to the high privacy standards which most of us would expect from other - serious - companies.

The club was very overcrowded. The temperature in room 1 was good, room 2 was way too cold.

The entrance fee was 25 pounds. If you go before 12pm, it's 15 pounds. The drink prices were very high too, considering the entrance fee was already 25 pounds.

One beer costs about 5,50 - 6 pounds. One Wodka red bull 7,50 (it contains exactly one shot Wodka).

There are a lot of chillout areas, the toilets are clean.

BUT don't go too often to the toilet, unless you want to be treated like a criminal junkie.

For me it was three times in 3.5 hours. The bearded, oriental looking toilet "bouncer" shouted to me slurs and asked me, why I have to go to the toilet that often. I said I have a weak bladder, but he didn't believe me.

I have never been treated this rude.

He called another bouncer who took me outside to a container where they body check "suspects".

There were a bunch of Germans and other foreigners who were getting checked. There was not one single English suspect.

You can imagine yourself what kind of "people" the bouncers are after... (pro tipp: it's tourists and foreigners, another pro tipp: racism alert!!!)

Anyways, they didn't find anything on me, like on the others.

After the checks we were "allowed" to go back in. They haven't apologized - nothing! (but these bouncers in the container were friendlier than the bearded toilet bouncer, who was really aggressive towards me)

I stayed for another 15 minutes, but the night was ruined. I left and went home.

Long story short:
If you are a tourist or a foreigner - don't go to fabric! I believe that they have to show the city of London success in the fight against drugs. So they catch foreigners and tourists, which won't come back anyways!!

If you like being treated as a criminal and love a vacation to Guantanamo Bay - fabric is the place to be.

2  Thank Nini L
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I went to Fabric since it’s a must go club for techno and techhouse lovers. Got there pretty early since I wanted to hear all the DJ-s and I wanted to be there until the end since Ben Klock who is one of my fav DJ-s was doing the closing. Drinks are a bit pricey and since I was at the end of my Euro trip I couldn’t really afford that much. Nevertheless I went to dance floor and suddenly I realized I was the only one dancing with the passion for that music. Luckily two guys came to me and we danced the night out however, it was so overcrouded that you couldn’t really dance as you normally would. People bumping into you with angry faces and there was just no vibe at all. Although it was really good music and a good sound system I just couldn’t stayed there until the end because I didn’t have any space to dance. Big plus goes to lady bouncer who made me laugh and had a pretty interesting convo with her :p All in all I’d say that the venue is super amazing however I’d recommend that bouncers should be a bit more picky about the croud to create that perfect atmosphere. I think I’d have a perfect night out if only they would let fewer people in and if the croud would dance like you’d supposed to dance to that kind of music and not just stand there completely off your nuts siping gin and tonic :)

1  Thank Iva K
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Yesterday (27/01/2018) I went to see the Martinez Brothers. We were in the queu for two and a half hours until they told us that to get in other people had to go out of the club first. No one ever told us this could happen, everyone encouraged us to keep waiting. The staff of the club was rude and disrecpectful. At two am they decided to move the queu from where we were standing to across the street and we ended up in the back of the new queu when we were about to get in. That didn´t happen to me in any techno club anywhere in the world. Really dissapointing.

12  Thank Martu P
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We went to see one of our favourite DJs however we missed the first hour of his set as we had to endure a 2 HOUR queue in the rain and freezing cold even though we had purchased tickets months in advance.

Fabric had sold so many tickets on the door they were at capacity by midnight and it was reduced to 1 OUT 1 IN!! We were frozen to the core and didn’t get into the venue until 3.30.

To me it is completely unacceptable to sell tickets to an event and then have this poor organisation. They in effect re-sold our tickets to people on the door and we had to wait for other people to leave before we could go in ourselves. They should have separate queue for tickets holders and should never sell out on the door tickets so that the actual ticket holders cannot enter! Shocking. Completely disappointed by this venue as I had high hopes this ruined it from the start.

Plus- Great sound system, no queues for toilets or bar. Plenty of staff inside. Free cold water.

However you can get the above at other venues without the 2 hour torture, so I shall never be visiting again.

2  Thank jellynine1