“Still thinking about that salmon”

The Jones Family Project
Ranked #623 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$21 - US$56
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Bar, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Description: The Jones Family Project is an independently owned modern steak restaurant & cocktail bar. Sourcing our meat from farmers & butchers we know focus on quality such as The Ginger Pig, we're open from 11am until midnight Mon - Sat and for traditional British roast lunch on Sundays. Our extensive wine list of over 100 wines always has more than 28 choices by the glass & our cocktail list features in-house aged ingredients. Our main focus is meat, with steaks dry-aged for a minimum of 28 days and cooked on our Josper grill, but there are always two vegetarian dishes on our a la carte menu and, as all dishes are prepared by our experienced chef team in house, we are able to adapt many of our dishes to meet requests by diners with food intolerances and allergies. In addition to fantastic steaks some of the house specialities include Pork Rib Eye, Truffled Macaroni Cheese and Anna's Triple Chocolate Brownie. (If you have a food allergy or intolerance please let us know. Our gluten free menu is on our web site and other menus/details on dishes which can be adapted can be provided on request.)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just popped in for a late lunch/early tea post airport/pre theatre. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. Quick service. The Loch Duart salmon with the galangal curry type sauce was absolutely to die for. I'm still seriously still thinking about it. Salmon was perfectly cooked with a lovely crispness on the outside. Plus the little bits of deep-fried okra. ugh YUM. Plus nice G&T pairings.

Anna W, Owner at The Jones Family Project, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi 601robyng, Our chefs are thrilled you enjoyed their Loch Duart Salmon with coconut-galangal sauce :-) Thank you very much for coming by and for taking the time to write a review on us. We hope you had a fun trip to London and that we can welcome you again soon. With very best wishes Anna and the whole team at The Jones Family Project

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I have mixed feelings about this place. The décor is inviting, plenty of space and in a great location. The waiter knew the wine list and made an excellent recommendation, a Californian Chardonnay, as I wanted a white wine with my steak. He was attentive, and our meals were delivered quickly. All presented well, the dauphinoise potatoes were delicious and the wilted spinach very average. It's the steak that was least impressive. I like a ribeye that's cut from the middle rather than the fatty end, and unfortunately, we both seem to have had fatty cuts. It was cooked to perfection, however, but it still didn't leave me wanting to come back for more. I might try them again, but it would be for the atmosphere and the wine. The hostess ignored us as we left. I'd have hoped for a smile at least, but maybe we didn't look trendy enough!

Anna W, Owner at The Jones Family Project, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi CosmicCarrot, We're delighted you enjoyed our décor. wine list and food presentation. I'm glad too that you felt our steak was cooked to perfection but sorry that you did not enjoy the cut you had. I hope we are lucky enough to be able to welcome you again. If we are please do let us know about your preference on steak cuts as we're always happy to help when we can. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. With very best wishes from Anna and the whole team at The Jones family project

Reviewed 18 March 2018

My group of friends has a Sunday Roast Club where each month one person picks a venue on their side of town. This month we picked here, my flatmate and I being east. The place is massive with a large restaurant downstairs which I didn't know existed. The roast dinners were amazing. Everyone who had beef loved it and the chicken roast is a mini poussin which was delicious with all the trimmings, and extra gravy with minimal fuss. £16.50 for two courses and £18:50 for 3 courses is such good value for money in an area where you usually pay over the odds for everything. The bar upstairs was surprisingly quiet for a Sunday in Shoreditch meaning it's actually a new go-to place to be able to go for drinks. Highly recommend!

Hi Leila. Thank you very much for your lovely words about our Sunday Roast :-) We're delighted that you choose us and that your Sunday Roast Club enjoyed your visit :-) Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on us. We're very honoured and happy that you have given us five stars. Thank you! We hope you have a fantastic week and very much look forward to welcoming you again soon. With very best wishes from Anna and the whole team at The Jones Family Project

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

It was my birthday dinner , was quiet the disaster to be honest, but I’m giving this place an ok because we were 25 people which must be a challenge for any wasting establishment.
They did forget the large deposit as did I when paying, and the manager did chance after us down the street when I didn’t remember this. So kudos to him that was good.

I’ll go back to try this place as I think it could be good in reasonable numbers!!!

HI ECD101, We very much hope that you've enjoyed the rest of your birthday week. We enjoyed welcoming you and your friends and hope that we are able to welcome you again soon. With very best wishes from Anna and the whole team at The Jones Family Project

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Don't fall into the trap of letting the staff take your coat ,personal items into the "secure?" cloakroom unless you want to loose any of the items from your coat pockets as was my experience.
Also don't expect any help from the management , who don't follow up and return your calls.

Anna W, Owner at The Jones Family Project, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hi norfolk18

I'm very sorry to hear that you believe you lost something in our restaurant on Monday night. The manager on the night looked around with you and left a note in our over night diary for the manager on duty the next morning to check with the cleaners if anything was found and also to look around while the restaurant was empty. She took your details and said that we would call if it turned up, sadly nothing did. We apologise for not calling anyway to confirm this prior to your call on Tuesday. I'm sorry if you called at another time and were not responded to. None of our managers were aware of this and we will of course look into that..

We have spoken to the local police force to see if there was anything more we could do. I think they are also liaising with you.

Kind regards