“Closing Time status”

Ranked #8,810 of 25,296 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Eagle s a friendly, local pub in the classic British style serving freshly prepared, home cooked food and well conditioned cask ales.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I am a local withing the kensington and chelsea district, and i have been using your Pub now for about a year. On Saturday and this evening your closing times have been very early, saturday evening the bar staff said the bar would close at 22.00 but your website clearly shows Midnight. This evening your bar staff shouted last orders at 21.30, do you close when you feel like closing? I just feel sorry for customers that check your website and when they arrive they are refused service.

2  Thank Ben R
The E, Manager at The Eagle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Ben,

we appreciate your message. The early closings during this last weekend were due to Easter Holiday and are not representative of our usual business schedule. I can assure you the business stays open as stated on the website.
Hope that helps.

All the best

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stumbled in after a long walk via the sights & sounds of Notting hill, good well priced drinks, very clean watering hole.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We booked a table for 18 at the eagle, on a week night. We were allocated a private area upstairs. The decor is really modern bright and fun. The food was pre ordered, and is high quality pub food. Wide selection of food, good portions. The service on the night was great, really lovely staff. The pre booking system and communication prior to the booking was excellent. Would highly recommend to others.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We went in for a drink but we were so comfortable sitting by the open fire ended up staying for a meal and having an absolutely mouth watering, perfectly cooked steak dinner. I cannot heap enough praise on this place, the atmosphere and the warm and friendly staff make it such a lovely place to sit and relax. I have had a fair few meals there now including their Sunday Roasts and I have never had cause for complaint. We always leave there perfectly satisfied.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I visited the eagle on the 9th March to get together with friends for my birthday. I booked a table for 8 and got an email confirmation that the table was reserved upstairs for me.
We arrived and there were 2 bar stuff who were very busy serving a queue of customers. We couldn't see anyone available so made our way upstairs. We found the dining room but there were no staff to be seen. We went downstairs again and managed to grab someone. Long story short - the table was not ready and staff looked confused even after I called to book and got a confirmation. They sat us down then moved us. We waited a long time to be served, the waitress misheard the order and 2 people had to wait longer for their food while we all ate, drinks were never brought until prompted mid meal. I ordered gnocchi it was literally the ingredients it said with nothing else super bland and dry with no sauce or flavour. Would not eat here again or recommend it. Looks nice for a drink if your happy to wait for service. Decor nice, but on the whole a disappointing evening.

1  Thank listpe
Lottie E, Guest Relations Manager at The Eagle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

I'm sorry your evening didn't go well and we didn't live up to our usual standard
We pride ourselves on our home made dishes using the finest fresh ingredients. Our Head Chef is reviewing your feedback
I hope you would like to give us another chance

Please find me on my email so we can discuss this further
Kind regards