See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Booked online, looked good value and close to where we were attending a wedding, thought it would be okay for crashing just for one night. Room a little cramped with shower/toilet/sink crammed into a cupboard space? But still adequate, fresh clean towels, soap and toilet rolls

Kettle with tea, milk and sugar on table near bed, very welcoming.
Bed was clean and comfortable with two night lights on headboard.
Small tv on wall was ok .
Good size wardrobe and bedside cabinets, set of drawers too.

Reluctant to use toilet as the door was situated right at the base of the bed and embarrassing to use when another person in room.....

Staff were very friendly and welcoming as we arrived, and very helpful too, especially the lady.

I got Wi Fi passcode, but it never worked at all .....
Returned after the event and settled down, but was repeatedly woken up by people running along corridor, talking loudly, then later heard the sound of drunken women echoing up the marble staircase. Very annoying, but this was nothing to what was to come, every 15 minutes or so the front door would slam loudly , reverberating and almost making me jump out of my skin. This went on all night and at 7am I gave up the ghost of trying to get some sleep, exhausted, we both got washed dressed and decided to go to a cafe for strong coffee before getting ready to pack, we had to vacate by 11am.

We noticed a large sign on the front door asking residents not to slam the door, but I wondered if the slamming was by residents or outsiders gaining access?

We were generally pleased by the price and location and can’t complain really about the room and friendly staff.
On the way out somebody was in the communal lounge lying in the dark fast asleep snoring their head off.

I would return if perhaps they could fit a spring loaded front door to silently shut and lock,

Room Tip: Ear plugs a suggestion?
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank easilypleased12017
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Booked 2 nights at this hotel as it seemed pretty decent from the photos online. After the first night stay, didn't stay the second night, as it was that bad. Booked it last minute so didn't have chance to read any reviews.
Got to the hotel room which was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen, barely any room to move at all! Was a struggle for the both of us to get ready in the morning. Boyfriend woke up with bites on his body. Bedsheets were stained with blood. Towels looked about 30 years old. Stains all over the carpets and overall grubby and dirty everywhere. Shower was so small you could barely move to clean yourself, not that there was much water dribbling out the shower head.
So glad we chose not to stay the 2nd night! Recommend to stay well away!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kirsty H
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I stayed on saturday night in this hotel and my partner has come home with bites all over his legs, The quilt was blood stained and very dirty the bathroom had no toilet roll.

The room was cheap but I wouldn't have paid a penny if i knew what the room was like before hand

Never again!!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kerrya56
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Hard to find as it's located in a back alley and has a building site right next to it. Car park only had room for 3 cars (staff take up 2). I had no idea this place served breakfast (I couldn't bring myself to eat it anyway). I stayed here with husband an 3 kids spontaneous city break ( didn't read reviews). They charge u for paying with a card 3.8 % so around £5.70. They put us on the 3rd floor so not really family orientated as we had to navigate through the cleaning products left out up and down the stair case. Got to the room the carpet it a massive trip hazard as my son went flying on it. The room was an alright size, beds where comfortable, they wasn't clean but comfortable. Fixtures an fittings broke all around the room, inches high with dirty is probably the best way to describe it. Blood, pubic hair and cigarette burns in the bedding. The toilet wash area in tiny and was thick with yellow dirt! Your feet stick to the carpet so wipe your feet on the way out! In fact if those carpets don't get a Hoover soon they r gonna crawl out, they r battered. Defiantly do not look under the beds you will be horrified. Don't check around to see if things are clean to put your belonging on/in it's pretty grim. Spoke to a bloke on the desk as we left about the state of the place, his reply was what do you expect? He was the only one cleaning!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here whilst working nearby, the place was booked by someone else that never checked out any reviews. If you don't expect anything more than substandard, you won't be too disappointed. The rooms aren't very clean, the bathrooms are worst. A luke warm shower/dribble in a converted mouldy cupboard, followed by a fairly comfy bed, is actually better than sleeping in a doorway like all the homeless that are sleeping on the pavements outside. The hotel shares the access to St Mungo's homeless hostel next door. This isn't a cheap hotel and on arrival I was asked if I pay cash I won't be charged the booking fee?? If you make a towel dirty, which is possible as the showers are so crap, it's an extra £20 and various other small print charges await you if you check in. Try somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business