“Hidden Gem..”
Review of Hotel 55

Hotel 55
Ranked #478 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel this is.. Modern, Spotlessly clean with Friendly helpful staff.. North Ealing station is a 2 minute walk away and the town centre of Ealing is 5 minutes away on foot. The Japanese restaurant on site serves lovely food for a reasonable price. The hotel serves continental Breakfast which can be eaten on the patio area in the garden. Bar serving alcohol on site but pubs and restaurants around the corner if you want to venture out. Would highly recommend staying in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights in room 206 in a room on the street side of the hotel. There were positives and negatives about the experience.

POSITIVES:
A clean, modern hotel literally a couple of minutes away from North Ealing tube station (Piccadilly line). It took about 30 minutes to get to Central London (Leicester Square) from here.
My room was on the street side of the hotel and was relatively quiet.
Complimentary bottles of free water left in room each day.
The use of a fridge/mini bar.
Big TV on the wall.

NEGATIVES:
Outside the room the cleaner would arrive in the morning around 7.40am and sit on a chair and talk on their mobile phone! There was a zero attempt to be quiet even though they were outside two guest rooms.
When a door slammed or wind blew strongly you could feel it reverberate in the room.
The aircon unit even when switched off still made bubbling and gurgling noises at random times throughout the evening which was annoying.
No artwork in this room like there is in the other rooms (very minor quibble!)
The bathroom was very dimly light and the shower cubicle was quite old fashioned which wasn't in keeping with the rest of the room. I struggled to get consistently hot water in the shower but I was happy with lukewarm water anyway.
WORST PROBLEM:
The mattress on my double bed was like sleeping on a slab of granite! It was awful and it gave me backache, I woke up at 5.45am after the first night as I was so uncomfortable.

When I checked out I said that the mattress in the bed was awful and I was told that some guests prefer a firm mattress. The mattress was like a rock in my opinion.
I also mentioned the talking outside my room and was told it would be looked into.

Overall, I'd say it was ok/average. I don't know what the other rooms are like but this was the experience I had.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 8 June 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on our first trip to London. We plan to come back in the future and will stay here again. The hotel is clean, contemporary, has a cool vibe and is comfortable. It's also a great value. ! I would challenge anyone to find a better accommodation at an equivalent price. It was just a few minute walk to the North Ealing Station: easy in and out to London. We were impressed by the continental breakfast which included a fresh fruit salad, freshly baked croissants, meat and cheeses, fruit, granola, cereals etc. and a wonderful pot of coffee. We enjoyed it on the patio in the back overlooking a lovely garden. The staff are attentive, welcoming and friendly. For 5 pound, we were able to have a hot breakfast including eggs, bacon, etc. which we enjoyed once during our stay. There is a personal attention here that you won't find in a larger hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable and although small it did not matter since we were only in the room to sleep. A few hooks in the bathroom would help maximize the bathroom space. The shower was hot. We stayed on the street side and were not bothered by traffic at all. The flat screen TV was huge. We ate in the Japanese restaurant also excellent. I have no complaints and can find no criticism to share. I am someone who will not just stay anywhere, it has to be a 4-5 star hotel. Before I decide on a hotel I read many reviews. I found few if any negative comments on TripAdvisor. Thanks to Christian and the other staff who made our London stay pleasant and enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lkgn
Reviewed 1 June 2017

My husband and I spent two nights here recently. Loved staying here! The only negative was our room (Room 5) was very small The bed was a double, and an extremely comfortable bed too, with lots of comfortable pillows, but there was barely room to walk between the end of the bed and the wall, and the wardrobe was difficult to open as the bed was in the way! However, I would stay here again regardless. The room was spotlessly clean, with tea and an espresso machine provided to use free of charge. The bathroom was also spotless with L'Occitane toiletries to use. Staff were very friendly and helpful, there's also a beautiful garden for all guests to sit in. Very close to North Ealing tube, and bus routes. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Just back from a 4 night stay at Hotel 55, The staff were amongst best/ friendliest I have come across , The first room we had was quite small but due to a faulty toilet we had to be shifted to a larger room across the corridor .The rooms were clean had A/C tea /coffee making facilities and also had a fridge ( it mentions on the website that rooms had safes but our first room didn't and it didn't seem to work in the second room.The continental breakfast provided was excellent.
Location wise North Ealing tube is a couple of minutes walk away to take you on Jubilee line and also West Acton & Ealing Broadway are less than a 10 minute walk away also.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family