“Good for Wembley location and tube access”
Review of Hotel 55

Hotel 55
Ranked #465 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We booked 2 nights at this hotel and chose it due to it proximity to a tube station and Wembley. We couldn't have got much closer to North Ealing tube station and it was a 2 min walk round the corner the only downside was that it took 30 to get to central London for the rest of the trip.

For Wembley it was great on the way as there was regular buses right opposite the hotel and took us directly to the arena. Allow plenty of time as the traffic is slow and took us 45 mins to get there. On the way back no buses arrived at all and we struggled to get a taxi. The bus service was supposed to be a 24 hour service but we waiting a long time and not one showed. We paid £25 for a taxi back.

Our room was 002 which was on the ground floor and an adapted room. The noise from the street wasn't too noticeable however we had more noise from Reception as our room was right next door. I would suggest a garden facing room or one away from Reception. You can tell the have tried to reduce the sound delivery as it had two doors to the room - a heavy duty fire door and an additional internal door.

The room was clean, modern and had all necessary requirement with the exception of milk. We couldn't have a hot drink! There was complimentary bottles of water. The bathroom was spacious however a little dark. The lighting could be a lot better. The beds and pillows were comfy and the rooms were made up whilst we were out. The cupboard space was good and could hang up all our things and put the suitcases in the cupboard which kept the room clear.

As it isn't a central hotel it was a very quiet and relaxing hotel but lacked a buzz that I like. There was very little around therefore you needed to be more central for busy restaurants and bars.

The staff were great and friendly and helpful.

Good little hotel but just not busy enough for me.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Hotel 55 is a brilliant hotel, with excellent decor and friendly staff. We have just completed a two night stay this weekend and cannot wait to return. Room was very comfortable, very clean and relaxing to return to after a busy day in London.

Room Tip: Think what amenities you want from a room and make your selection, you will not be disappointed !!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashleigh L
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Apart from the outside photo it look just like the photos on the site. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Bed was really comfortable and the shower really was a power shower. The garden was lovely to sit in at night. Well placed for various activities. We went to wembley. Bus train or walking are all options to get there. Relatively easy to drive to. Only fault I would say is directed to the ladies the only mirror was in the bathroom so you can't do your hair and see what your doing if your using straightners etc.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan G
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel this is.. Modern, Spotlessly clean with Friendly helpful staff.. North Ealing station is a 2 minute walk away and the town centre of Ealing is 5 minutes away on foot. The Japanese restaurant on site serves lovely food for a reasonable price. The hotel serves continental Breakfast which can be eaten on the patio area in the garden. Bar serving alcohol on site but pubs and restaurants around the corner if you want to venture out. Would highly recommend staying in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights in room 206 in a room on the street side of the hotel. There were positives and negatives about the experience.

POSITIVES:
A clean, modern hotel literally a couple of minutes away from North Ealing tube station (Piccadilly line). It took about 30 minutes to get to Central London (Leicester Square) from here.
My room was on the street side of the hotel and was relatively quiet.
Complimentary bottles of free water left in room each day.
The use of a fridge/mini bar.
Big TV on the wall.

NEGATIVES:
Outside the room the cleaner would arrive in the morning around 7.40am and sit on a chair and talk on their mobile phone! There was a zero attempt to be quiet even though they were outside two guest rooms.
When a door slammed or wind blew strongly you could feel it reverberate in the room.
The aircon unit even when switched off still made bubbling and gurgling noises at random times throughout the evening which was annoying.
No artwork in this room like there is in the other rooms (very minor quibble!)
The bathroom was very dimly light and the shower cubicle was quite old fashioned which wasn't in keeping with the rest of the room. I struggled to get consistently hot water in the shower but I was happy with lukewarm water anyway.
WORST PROBLEM:
The mattress on my double bed was like sleeping on a slab of granite! It was awful and it gave me backache, I woke up at 5.45am after the first night as I was so uncomfortable.

When I checked out I said that the mattress in the bed was awful and I was told that some guests prefer a firm mattress. The mattress was like a rock in my opinion.
I also mentioned the talking outside my room and was told it would be looked into.

Overall, I'd say it was ok/average. I don't know what the other rooms are like but this was the experience I had.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends