“would highly recommend”

Ranked #199 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“would highly recommend”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have just returned from a weekend break , and would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel again. It was spotlessly clean , the location was excellent as it was just around the corner from Tower Hill tube station. The staff were helpful, polite & cheerful. We had a fantastic & reasonably priced meal in the evening & breakfast was tasty with plenty of choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Close to tube, close to many bars and restaurants and we always felt safe. Staff were very friendly and helpful and area is very quiet at night. Location - perfect

Room Tip: 205 and 207
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Liverpool
Reviewed 2 March 2012

In short this is a nice decent hotel and i would stay again.

I like to leave more detailed reviews though so if you want to know more about my experience - read on.

I've just spent a week at this hotel on business and must say I was pleasantly surprised. Having stayed at the Newcastle Central & Birmingham Canal Side branches of this hotel group recently and had bad experiences I wasn't holding out much hope for this one!

On arriving the check in was short and the staff helpful (although clearly reciting a script they must be told to go through for every guest - seemed quite robotic) and I was safely in my room in less than 10 minutes - a personal best for any Premier Inn I've stayed at!

The room again surprised me, my previous 2 rooms with this chain were small grubby and very cold. This was huge, nice big bed, plenty of room and spotless even the bathroom was a good size, being able to dry myself without knocking elbows on a wall is also a first for me in a Premier Inn. The only downside to the room was that it overlooked a small but very busy road - the emergency services favourite route too from the amount of sirens I could hear.

Couldn't fault the cleaning staff who cleaned every day and replaced towels, they did start rather early though bumping and banging in empty rooms at around 7am - but they located and delivered an iron and ironing board for me so I was thankful for their early start then (even though they barely understood a word I was saying)

The restaurant was very nicely decorated well laid out and had a nice atmosphere about it, its in the basement though so no windows and zero natural light. The food was OK - it's clear to me now that Premier Inn have exactly the same menu in every hotel which I don't think is that great when you think of all the regional variations available. That aside the food was well served and I had no complaints and the staff once again were very polite and attentive, one particular member of staff during breakfast (Manuel) was hillarious, enough to brighten up anybody's morning even for someone like me who is not a morning person. Thanks for being so cheerful Manuel! :)

One thing I'll say about the staff is that although they are extremely polite, helpful and attentive, I didn't meet one English member of staff all week, which I understand in the capital, but is not a great help when you end up having to repeat yourself quite a lot.

On a whole the hotel was good and I enjoyed my stay so have no complaints. Premier Inn need to extend the work they've put in to their capital city hotel to other locations in the country which are clearly lacking - London is not the centre of the world guys...

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the road noise maybe ask for a room at the back of the hotel - but i don't...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul E
haverfordwest
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We arrived at about 8.pm and received a warm welcome, the family room was a good size with two extra single beds and the bathroom had a large walk in shower. Both were very clean.

The location of the hotel is excellent, only five minutes walk from Tower Hill tube, Tower of London and Tower Bridge.

There is a Costa Coffee lounge by reception which serves light refreshments at reasonable cost.

We will hopefully return Soon

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lynn v
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is by far the best premier inn I've stayed in

Great rooms - decent size for London
Service - service is outstanding
Food - evening meals are excellent, cooked fresh
Staff - very friendly
Rooms - very clean

I've stayed in a lot of premier inns and this is by far my favourite

• Stayed February 2012