“Great food cool location polite and friend,y service”
Review of The Rum Kitchen

The Rum Kitchen
Ranked #2,045 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for lunch and had the spiced fried chicken with ‘houseslaw’ Just very very nice, not greasy or over fried nor salty, really nicely done. (And I have very discerning taste).

Other dishes hit the spot... plantain, proper jerk chicken, spicy fried chicken burger. All great. Our server was Robin, pretty cool, nice smile, and polite and friendly - a professional. Definitely worth visiting - they also have happy hour with half price cocktails on Sunday- super. You’ve gotta give this a go

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great saturday night with a nice girl. Food was very good, delicious and waitress Georgina was so kind with us. One more thing, the DJ was just AMAZING!!! Do not hesitate to go people.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went into Rum Kitchen having traced around the area with my girlfriend and sister looking for something a little different which we haven’t tried before.

Rum Kitchen did not disappoint.

The service was upbeat, the music got me in the groove and the happy hour cocktails transported me back to the Caribbean.

I had the fish burger and shared three sides: the sweet potatoes fries; one of the best I’ve had, perfectly cooked (not to charred but not too soggy with just the right amount of sauce.) Green chilli Mac & Cheese (Not the biggest fan but this was yum.) and finally the plantain with sweet chilli sauce which hit the spot!

I’m big on chilli sauce; I practically eat every meal with either Nandos, Encona, Siratcha the list goes on. But I have to say The Rum Kitchen’s Habanero hot sauce hit the perfect blend of amazing taste that brings just the right amount of heat/pain.

My girlfriend, sister and I went having never heard about Rum Kitchen and not really knowing what to expect.

Well I can tell you now if you’re a fan of Caribbean food, £5 happy hour rum cocktails, tasty hot sauce with a kick and reggae music... then you’re going to enjoy spending time at this place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was tasty, drinks were great, the DJ (DJ matchstick) was AMAZING .... he played a whole range from recent soca, St Lucian kuduro, dancehall, hip hop, a brilliant reggae set ... I couldn't ask for more.

Service was great, Georgiana (hope I spelt this right) was cordial and a joy to be around. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The atmosphere was great,friendly staff and the dj and music was very good
Would recommend this place for any occasion.