“Divine”

The Whippet Inn Bar & Bistro
Ranked #3,707 of 24,553 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I simply adored this establishment. I liked the furniture , the vibe, the atmosphere and the staff is great ! Ask for John and he will sort you , great guy! The food is very nice , you can taste the quality they put into making the dishes and the selection of drinks is again very good. Prices are mid range for a very high service and all round quality.

Whippet O, Manager at The Whippet Inn Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Divine,

Thanks for the great review & I'll make sure John knows he had a mention in a 5 star review.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

David.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We - my twin daughters and I - had an excellent experience at the Whippet day for my Mother's Day lunch. We have eaten here before and out previous meals were excellent, so we were happy to book again.

We had the roast dinners, 2 chicken and 1 vegetarian. Both meals were lovely and very satisfying. Compliments to the chef for the lovely crispy Yorkshire Puddings.

Special mention for Andrew and Sharon who looked after us so well and made me feel special by presenting me with a bouquet of Tulips and Daffodils as we left.

We will definitely be back again.

Whippet O, Manager at The Whippet Inn Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi Jeninlinden

Well we all had a great day & one of our busiest Sundays. I will get Andrew & Sharon a drink next time there on. The roast dinners are always praised highly I might have to get my chef a drink too seeing as you speak so highly of his food!

I will however I have to take credit for the free flowers for all the mums at the end of the meal. It worked so well year I had to spoil you all again this time around.

Whippet Dave

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Went for Sunday lunch. food was delicious. Highly recommend the roast and sticky toffee pudding. Also our waitress Sharon was top notch. Highly recommend this place.

Hi Nicolas,

Sharon will get another thanks at our next team meeting & STP always get top marks.

Many thanks for the top score review.

David.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

This is my local and a great pub with lovely staff. However.
On visiting last Sunday evening about 18:00, small children were running around the pub. None of the staff seemed to care or have a word with the parents of the kids. I have no problem with kids in a pub but to let them run around unrestrained (as their parents seemed happy to do) is a health and safety issue. if the staff aren't prepared to talk to the parents then they should at least put some signs up telling the parents not to let their kids run about. Apart from that I'd highly recommend.

Hello Ziggy

We do get the odd problem child but so do most pubs. We are a family pub rather than a child friendly pub putting the emphasis on the family at a table together. We do our best to keep on top of this & keep everyone happy. There is signage with regards to this on chalkboards. Me & my management team are not afraid to tackle this issue even when it has got myself in hot water before. Compared to other pubs in the area I know kids in our pub are generally very well behaved.

Kind Regrds,

David

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We went for the third time. The food is always very good. However all of the staff made more effort than anywhere!
We took two babies and a toddler who caused the meal to be delayed, requested special food, spilled food. Nothing fazed the staff. They understood and helped without complaint. We’ll be going back for the food the atmosphere and the great team.

Hello

We do try our best to balance things to keep everyone happy at The Whippet & we do have a good team to keep on top of things.

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

David