“Lovely ”
Review of Sponge and Cream

Sponge and Cream
Ranked #27 of 328 Bakeries in London
Description: Sponge and Cream creates delicious cupcakes, birthday cakes, wedding cakes all baked freshly every morning, that speak for themselves.
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I wanted a beautiful and tasty cake for my friends engagement thats excalty what i got.I will definitely be ordering mire cakes for special occasions

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Chantel M

Reviewed 12 February 2018

The shop has a choice of 6 or 7 cakes normally, and at ~£4 for big slice it's really good value! Some of the best cake I've ever had!!!! =)

Date of visit: February 2018
Paulina B, Owner at Sponge and Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We were running out of time to find a baker for our daughter's first birthday party, and with less than a week til the day Paulina accepted the bake with only a drawing and created an absolute masterpiece. Three flavours, strawberry and vanilla and chocolate, the chocolate with an oreo crushed buttercream covered in a beautiful fluffy buttercream and decorated with keepsakes; Rose Bush, Pocket Watch, Mushroom and Alice from Alice in Wonderland. This review and all the others does not compliment Paulina and her team and her bakery the way they deserve to be complimented, it was an increible cake and we are so grateful for it as it brought the whole day together! Many thanks xoxo

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank FellowTraveler744882
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Thank you Paulina for making a fantastic birthday cake that looked even more amazing than the picture provided. The intricate detail far surpassed expectations. The chocolate cake was rich and fabulous. If you don’t believe me visit the shop and sample some of the delights!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

As I write this review for sponge and cream I am immediately transported to just over a week ago (Sunday 25th June) when I received the delivery of my daughters 3rd birthday cake to our home - 2 hours before her birthday party as planned. As I placed the giant white cake box on our kitchen counter, I was excited - having emailed Paulina a few days before with my cake requirements and then having a brief telephone conversation to confirm details I knew the cake would be lovely. But it was not just lovely...it was SPECTACULAR!! Everything I imagined and more! A generous sized cake, I was able to give our guests good portions (some even asked for a bit more to take home) and we were still eating cake at home on the Wednesday. Aside from the beauitful exterior which Paulina executed perfectly the bottom tier interior was a rainbow sponge cake and the top tier a banana cake (sprinkled with the hundreds ans thousands). It looked and tasted beautiful..

I have been going to Sponge and Cream for 3 or so years now (whether it be just to pick up a slice of red velvet for tea with a friend, cupcakes for a playdate or larger orders for special events) and they never fail - be it their customer service, excellent hygiene or the quality of their cake (super moist flavouful sponges with delicious cloud like cream frosting) . I will contiune to partonize Sponge and Cream for years to come.

Paulina and team - you guys are amazing (the best in fact!).

Date of visit: June 2017