Chester Hotel
Marne Hotel(London)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbox roomvictoria train stationcheap hotelbeds were comfortablecentral londonstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

I was put in this hotel for work booked because of its location to Victoria Station and from this point of view its fantastic a 5 min walk. There are also a few decent pubs and places to eat close by. My main issue would be the noise ppl going in to there room up and down stairs or just generally talking and I don't meen shouting, could even hear some one snoring! I think yhere may be a staff change over at 430am as on sevral occasions the noise at that time was particulary bad. Rooms are compact with train sized bathrooms there was however hot water soap & shower gel. the bed sheets were clean and bed was comftable just don't look at the throw and valence on the bed or the cushions. No cental heating but had a small electric heater which was more than enough im always cold so was nice to have control of the heating. Kettle provided but depends on who services the room as to wether your milks etc are refilled or cups/glasses washed. If your looking for just 1/2 nights close to the station then it's ok but not for an extended stay.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank igloum2014
Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

The room was comfortable, clean and compact. Good location, great price.
HOWEVER, we ordered pizza to be delivered, but due to jet lag we fell asleep before delivery. The delivery man left two pizzas at reception.
When we came to collect them, the receptionist admitted that his "colleague" had eaten one. Genuinely could not believe it. There was no payment given for the food, we'd paid online. Appalling behaviour from a hotel - I was so shocked at the time I didn't know what to say!
Don't order food to be delivered here - they will eat it.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jennid2
Reviewed 8 January 2016

I was pleased with this hotel, especially for the humble price per night. The room was a good size, it was warm, great decor, comfortable, clean, and the staff were kind and helpful. I recommend this hotel and will stay again. I stayed in room 2 which was next to the office on the main floor and was impressed that I did not wake up due to staff talking or hearing the front door with new guests arriving. I fancy this hotel very much.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

The web site said it was 3 minute's walk from Victoria but it's about 7 minute's with a case so still close to the station, I booked a single from with shared bathroom, the room was ok but the curtain rail kept falling down & no coat hangers & no bin but the bed was comfortable & the room was clean, the shared bathroom was downstairs not even on the same floor quite far away if u wake in the night :-( The man on reception was not very friendly just did what he had to do. But as a 1 night stay over I would stay there again because it's very convenient + the room was clean.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank GuernseyJes
Reviewed 4 January 2016

good location but poor room and terrible staff. I arrived there in the morning so i wanted to leave my luggage in the hotel, but the guy couldn't speak english, and also he said to me "speak english" even i am Canadian!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo