All reviewseuston stationbritish museumshared bathroombudget accommodationsingle roomshared facilitieslaundry facilitiesrussell squarefresh fruitbreakfast was amazingrooms are cleanbus routesluggage roomcommon areaslocation is greatreception stafflight sleeper
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I've stayed in student accommodation in other European cities and found amazingly priced gems. This really wasn't a gem.

The carpets are badly worn and stained and hairs in the bedding.

Worst problem was the heat. Two fans in the room but one was broken. Went to reception to ask for a replacement but just got a 'computer says no' response. The working fan was too far from the beds to make any difference as for some reason they don't seem to have plug sockets near beds.

Breakfast was very average. Reasonable number of options. Cooked breakfast tasted ok. Bacon snaps if you put a knife or fork in it. Beans were cold.

Only thing going for it is the location near Euston.

Meant to be 2 nights but for 2nd just found an alternative hotel. I've learned my lesson.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2018

This is a budget accommodation in a university housing facility. As such, you should expect the amenities to be humble and modest, and to share space with large groups of (often noisy) students. But if you're fine with that, this is an amazing deal in a perfect location (just minutes from Euston and St Pancras stations, making it easily accessible to the airports). The British Museum and Petrie Egyptian Museum are within easy walking distance, as are tons of other museums, cafes, pubs, pretty much anything you want. And the breakfast buffet is really, really good, too! For the money, this is one of the best budget deals I've found in London. I wouldn't really recommend it for couples looking for a romantic setting, though.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2018

You get what you pay for in this world. I paid £46 (currently showing as £81!!) a night and for that I can't complain too much. Rooms in central London cost substantially more so you must remember that. This isn't a hotel. These are student digs which are let out. It is extremely basic. If you are looking for something to get your head down for the night and nothing more, then it's perfectly adequate.

The room was extremely basic but the carpet was grotty and I dread to think what all the countless stains were from. Unfortunately I dropped my toothbrush onto it so that's gone in the bin.

I had expected the shared bathroom scenario to be the worst part about it but it wasn't. The shared bathroom was okay actually, a couple of shower rooms, a couple of loos, all pretty clean.

The worst part was the very poor night's sleep I had. Not only is the accommodation within a hop, skip and a jump from Euston Road and so there were lots of sirens, the walls are SO thin. If I got 3 hours sleep then that was it. What with the sirens there were doors banging, tapping and thudding noises, the plumbing noises whenever anyone switched their tap on, but I could also hear everything going on in the rooms next door. Whoever was in the room next to mine could snore for England and I heard it all. They also got up at 5am to leave and so consequently I was awake at 5am hearing them doing their ablutions and banging their door. If you could sleep through an earthquake then you'll be okay. If you're a poor/light sleeper then you won't.

There are positives over and above the price. It is very close to King's Cross and Euston stations and also to tube stations (Euston Square and Russell Square) and also The British Museum. There's a breakfast included in the price. It's basic but plentiful and perfectly adequate. The whole place seemed pretty clean and felt very safe.

If you want something cheap and cheerful to simply crash for the night then fine. If you're looking for a bit of comfort then give it a wide berth. I would stay here again for £46 but there's no way on this planet I would be paying anything more than that.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank popsNcass
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We were a group of workmates stopping over after the Christmas Party on the Thames. Very good value for money accommodation if all you need is a bed without tol many extras. The included breakfast was also very good and lived up to reviews. Will book again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here while in London sitting exams and was pleasantly surprised. It’s a short walk from Euston Station and the British Museum, it’s clean and comfortable and I felt very secure. And it was a fraction of the cost of a hotel in peak holiday season!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank melinda_uk
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi Melinda,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay at LSE Passfield Hall. We are delighted you enjoyed our location and value for money.

We hope to see you in London again soon!

Thanks