All reviews euston station british museum shared bathroom budget accommodation single room shared facilities laundry facilities russell square fresh fruit breakfast was amazing rooms are clean bus routes luggage room common areas location is great reception staff light sleeper
Reviewed 12 May 2018

I stayed here alone for 1 night in April 2018 and it was amongst the cheapest accommodation I could find for a single room, without resorting to hostels and sharing. Upon arrival I realised it was student dorms, so at least I could expect a reasonably sized room.

It was reasonably sized but my goodness, the route to get to it was insanely complicated. Luckily I have a good sense of direction or I could easily have gotten lost.

The room was clean and basic, with a sink but no toilet or shower - these were shared but were close by. It was a warm night and despite having the window open, I slept reasonably well.

All things considered, I would probably stay here again for the right price as the location is pretty decent. I might want an en-suite next time though.

2  Thank dinpy
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I thought with the price I paid, I got a pretty good deal. I didn't really need much though, just basically needed a place to crash after walking around London. Having free breakfast , being close to the stations (Euston and Russell Square), bus stops, and having laundry on site are bonus points on my part.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Good for weekend away in London. I got a single room with bathroom and both are good size. There are towels and shower toiletries provided. Everything is clean and not smelly. Great location, 5 minutes walk from Euston station and Euston Sq underground. You can also leave the luggage before checkin and after checking out so it was a bestseller for me. Breakfast is included in the price and it was tasty. It would need a little upgrading, but considering it is students accommodation, it was one of the better stays I had in London. So if you just need the place to crash in London and do not expect Ritz Carlton treatment, this place is definitely recommended

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Nan009
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I've stayed in student accommodation in other European cities and found amazingly priced gems. This really wasn't a gem.

The carpets are badly worn and stained and hairs in the bedding.

Worst problem was the heat. Two fans in the room but one was broken. Went to reception to ask for a replacement but just got a 'computer says no' response. The working fan was too far from the beds to make any difference as for some reason they don't seem to have plug sockets near beds.

Breakfast was very average. Reasonable number of options. Cooked breakfast tasted ok. Bacon snaps if you put a knife or fork in it. Beans were cold.

Only thing going for it is the location near Euston.

Meant to be 2 nights but for 2nd just found an alternative hotel. I've learned my lesson.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2018

This is a budget accommodation in a university housing facility. As such, you should expect the amenities to be humble and modest, and to share space with large groups of (often noisy) students. But if you're fine with that, this is an amazing deal in a perfect location (just minutes from Euston and St Pancras stations, making it easily accessible to the airports). The British Museum and Petrie Egyptian Museum are within easy walking distance, as are tons of other museums, cafes, pubs, pretty much anything you want. And the breakfast buffet is really, really good, too! For the money, this is one of the best budget deals I've found in London. I wouldn't really recommend it for couples looking for a romantic setting, though.