“Take away”

Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Islington
Description: Situated at Stroud Green Road, London near Finsbury Park station, Yak & Yeti restaurant is a top fine dining Indian & Nepalese restaurant. We are famous for consistently delivering good and quality food prepared by our Award winning Chefs who are known for their attention to detail and special flavours. We serve fresh food to our customers at the restaurant and also to their doorstep.
Reviewed 1 week ago

Dreadful. Worse than you can imagine. Don't, don't believe some of the rave reviews. Just such a dreadful meal.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Rebecca W
Write a reviewReviews (276)

Reviewed 24 October 2020

Paying nearly £10 for just the main curry dish i expected more... if I was more cynical I may think that they popped out to waitrose when my order went in, as the rice, curry and onion bhaji were incredibly similar. In fact I could make little distinction between a supermarket microwave meal and this (except the price tag.) The sauce wasn't very flavourful or creamy and tasted (to me, I am no expert so take this with a pinch of salt) underspiced/underseasoned.

The sag aloo was delicious, with large pieces of potato!!

I probably won't order from them again. Just moved into a flat opposite so it would have been convenient. I still enjoyed my meal despite it being very pricy and not especially delicious...

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 5 October 2020

The takeaway from Yak and Yeti has honestly been a lifesaver in lockdown. Incredible food, big menu, quick delivery. Great pick-me-up for when you get tired of watching the world collapse.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 27 September 2020

We’ve been lucky enough to live near Yak & Yeti and it’s never disappointed us. The balancing of spicing is incredible and there is also an amazing selection of vegan dishes to choose from. Our favourites are the Baigan bhata, saag aloo and tarkha daal, classic Indian dishes with a Nepalese twist cooked to perfection! Thank you for all the amazing flavours!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank AnneSo146
Reviewed 12 September 2020

just now
Not been since the lockdown .... food dreadful , staff new and not invested in service , not much knowledge of product . Back of restaurant dirty . Result unfortunately will not go back .

Date of visit: September 2020