“Go for a drink but skip lunch....”

Sea Containers Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Containers Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,677 of 24,242 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$29 - US$115
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Description: Inspired by the Golden Age of transatlantic travel and designed under the creative direction of visionary Tom Dixon, by Design Research Studio, Sea Containers at Mondrian London brings the best of American and British cuisine to the Southbank, offering a modern yet casual dining experience in an informal setting alongside the River Thames. The copper-clad hull guides you through to the restaurant, which boasts an open-plan kitchen featuring an impressive wood-fired oven. At the centre of the restaurant, there is an iconic 18-seat signature stainless steel bar designed to reflect an American diner, together with a Yellow Submarine which continues the maritime theme of the hotel. Sea Containers also boasts stunning views over the Thames, a riverside terrace for al fresco dining and a private dining room with an outdoor terrace. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and offers a bottomless Bloody Mary or Prosecco brunch on the weekend, with menus reflecting the best locally sourced produce. A variety of small plates, sharing dishes and classic comfort food is available as well as more formal feasting options.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location on the river, but the dining room is uninspiring and the menu (we were there for their weekend brunch) is seriously limited. Staff were lovely and the service excellent but the food is decidedly mediocre. My chicken burger was slightly undercooked, spicy sauce nonexistent and the burger itself really small. My parter's cheese burger was similarly uninspiring and our friends were not much impressed with their meals either. It's well priced and has a lot going for it, but unless Sea Containers does some hard work on their food offering, I'd regard it as a no-go zone.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have attended both the Rumpus Room and Dandelyan for various things but had never eaten at the Sea Containers restaurant until last month and I am not sure if I will bother again.

One of my friends got there before me and in the 30 minutes he was seated at our table he was not offered a drink. When my other friend and myself arrived it took a little while to get any service. Staff would literally walk past our table and not ask if we had been served.

The food that we ordered and the drinks that we ordered arrived just about the same time. A second round of drinks took a long time to order and receive. It was not a complicated order - one tonic, one prosecco and one gin and tonic.

When the bill arrived we were surprised to find and optional 12.5% tip added to our bill. This was a surprise since we were only 3 people. We did ask this to be removed by a person who did stop at our table when we were getting ready to leave. They did remove the service but there was no offer of a drink or money off.

Finally when we went to leave the people retrieving our bags was more interested in someone staying at he hotel who stopped to chat.

After the experience at the 2 bars of this hotel I had high expectations of the restaurant and was sorely disappointed. While the food was good the service experience tainted that and it is unlikely that I, or my friends, would return.

1  Thank Tina B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We'd booked brunch but we're told service would not start til 12. Even then we had to wait another 10 mins as they hadn't finished tidying up after breakfast. The menu was not particularly inspiring and our drinks were brought in plastic bottles and emptied into glasses.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us went for Sunday brunch and i think i can truly say it was One of the best we had ever eaten ! Two shared a roast chicken which was out of this world , and the other Two had the Beef which was perfect , the staff were so sweet and were always around when you wanted them but never seemed to be in your face . We will be going back !!!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sunday Brunch at Sea Containers is really busy, so obviously something is right. Perhaps it’s the excellent South Bank location or the cheap, watered-down “bottomless” Mimosas.
The food is appalling. I ordered a roasted lamb pie. It was cold. And one portion of the pie contained six cloves - that’s enough to make your gums numb. Not a great accompaniment to the bottle of vintage champagne I ordered.
If it were not for the friendly, smiling staff, I’d have sent it all back and walked out. I’ll never go back.

1  Thank Drew M