“Go for a drink but skip lunch....”

Sea Containers Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Containers Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,661 of 27,062 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$103
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Description: Our menu celebrates seasonality and ingredient-led cooking, offering a selection of small and large plates designed to be shared. Taking from Mediterranean influence, we use carefully and locally sourced produce to create a menu suitable for any occasion.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Great location on the river, but the dining room is uninspiring and the menu (we were there for their weekend brunch) is seriously limited. Staff were lovely and the service excellent but the food is decidedly mediocre. My chicken burger was slightly undercooked, spicy sauce nonexistent and the burger itself really small. My parter's cheese burger was similarly uninspiring and our friends were not much impressed with their meals either. It's well priced and has a lot going for it, but unless Sea Containers does some hard work on their food offering, I'd regard it as a no-go zone.

Date of visit: April 2018
MaxenceNoize, General Manager at Sea Containers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear RobJP,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our venue.

I am pleased to read that our staff and the service reached your expectations. Rest ensure that I will pass your comment to them.

Furthermore, I am happy to inform you that the Brunch menu has changed last week.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back shortly.

Max

Write a ReviewReviews (1,681)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have attended both the Rumpus Room and Dandelyan for various things but had never eaten at the Sea Containers restaurant until last month and I am not sure if I will bother again.

One of my friends got there before me and in the 30 minutes he was seated at our table he was not offered a drink. When my other friend and myself arrived it took a little while to get any service. Staff would literally walk past our table and not ask if we had been served.

The food that we ordered and the drinks that we ordered arrived just about the same time. A second round of drinks took a long time to order and receive. It was not a complicated order - one tonic, one prosecco and one gin and tonic.

When the bill arrived we were surprised to find and optional 12.5% tip added to our bill. This was a surprise since we were only 3 people. We did ask this to be removed by a person who did stop at our table when we were getting ready to leave. They did remove the service but there was no offer of a drink or money off.

Finally when we went to leave the people retrieving our bags was more interested in someone staying at he hotel who stopped to chat.

After the experience at the 2 bars of this hotel I had high expectations of the restaurant and was sorely disappointed. While the food was good the service experience tainted that and it is unlikely that I, or my friends, would return.

2  Thank Tina B

Dear Tina B,

Thank you very much to review Sea Containers.

I am happy to note that the food pleased you. Having that said, I am very disappointed to read about the shortfalls you experienced on the night regarding the service and I would like to extend my most sincere apologies in this regard. Please rest ensure that your feedback will be taken in to consideration and corrective actions will be taken shortly.

I hope, my team and I will have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We'd booked brunch but we're told service would not start til 12. Even then we had to wait another 10 mins as they hadn't finished tidying up after breakfast. The menu was not particularly inspiring and our drinks were brought in plastic bottles and emptied into glasses.

Dear jackie b,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Sea Containers.

First of all, I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the 10 extra minutes you have had to wait on arrival. Also, I am disappointed that our menu did not inspire you. We receive very positive feedback on it and I am sorry this is not the case with you.

Concerning the core press juice, served in the original bottle, the standard is set in order to ensure the highest level of freshness for our guests. I do regret that this has also impacted your experience with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Four of us went for Sunday brunch and i think i can truly say it was One of the best we had ever eaten ! Two shared a roast chicken which was out of this world , and the other Two had the Beef which was perfect , the staff were so sweet and were always around when you wanted them but never seemed to be in your face . We will be going back !!!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Sunday Brunch at Sea Containers is really busy, so obviously something is right. Perhaps it’s the excellent South Bank location or the cheap, watered-down “bottomless” Mimosas.
The food is appalling. I ordered a roasted lamb pie. It was cold. And one portion of the pie contained six cloves - that’s enough to make your gums numb. Not a great accompaniment to the bottle of vintage champagne I ordered.
If it were not for the friendly, smiling staff, I’d have sent it all back and walked out. I’ll never go back.

1  Thank drupaxmc

Dear Drew M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our venue.

I am pleased to read that our staff has been friendly and smiling. Rest ensure that I will pass your comment to them.

Having that said, I am disheartened that the food was not at the same level for you and that this has impacted your overall experience. Please note that the culinary team has taken your feedback into consideration. Also, I am happy to inform you that the Brunch menu has changed last week.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back shortly.