“Most pleasant afternoon”
Review of City Barge

City Barge
Reserve with OpenTable
City Barge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #695 of 24,437 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Following an extensive refurbishment this historic 14th century public house is due to open in late May. The City Barge will be the perfect Thames side pub featuring a stunning dining room and bar, large open kitchen, all overlooking the river. The interior will retain much of the original architectural detail and period fixtures and fittings as well as three open fires. The menu will focus on seasonal British ingredients as well as hand pulled local ales and ciders. The City Barge will be open daily from midday for lunch and from 10am at weekends for breakfast and brunch
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A simple day out to Chiswick House, cumulated with a superb lunch here, food was perfect, service was top notch, as it should be, the location just wonderful, and a very fine Sav Tourane, just the right temperature, we could of sat here all afternoon.
So thank you all, it's been 30 years since I was last here, but what a wonderful change.
Lino Len

Robert L, General Manager at City Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hi Lino Len, we truly appreciate your feedback, thank you, delighted that you enjoyed your visit 30 years later.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

It was our 1st night down here for business & we took a stroll down the river from our hotel. We found the City Barge & weren't disappointed at all, its worth every penny & we will be back again.

Robert L, General Manager at City Barge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Brine63,
Thank you so much for your review, it means a great deal. I am delighted you managed to find us and that you enjoyed yourself so much.

I do hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Interesting and safe location to walk to at night. Fish was the freshest I have ever eaten. Good fun.

Hi Irene,

Thank you for your lovely review, it is really appreciated. Great to hear about the fish, I have passed on your comments to my chef.

I do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Upmarket pub with great beer selection, fantastic food, lively atmosphere, smart decor and a river side location. What’s not to like

Hi Iggy, Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our pub, I do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I have not been to the City Barge for many years. As I remember it, it was a rather nice pub on the river with a nice selection of beers. It is now an upmarket gastro pub with hefty prices. The food & wine was good but £165 for two I found pricey, and I am used to eating out at a variety of restaurants regularly.
So,if you want a drink on the river there are many cheaper options available to you close by.