“John cook”

Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Rainforest Café, just 2-minutes from Piccadilly Circus, brings together the sights and sounds of the amazon jungle in a family friendly atmosphere. Decorated throughout with jungle foliage and animatronics, theres even a thunder and lightening storm, waterfalls, animatronics to entertain everyone.The menu is popular American & European Dishes, with each iten highlighted with their suitability for allergy sufferers, along with a Children's or Birthday Party menu for the under 12's.Bookings are not required as everyone is guaranteed a table, although a prioirty seating can be made and you will be sat at the next available table at that time.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Food not up to scratch even given limited menu completely under whelming. Almost inedible. Shame as atmosphere good fun with various creatures and animation.
Far to pricey for such poor food.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,783)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Terrible in every way. We were seated where the stairs come down and it was freezing as you get the draft from the open doors upstairs. Choice on menu very poor (if you have noodles you have to pay extra for chicken or prawns) at £19 already a. It extreme. Just not worth the money also drinks very expensive. Staff attendance poor we were asked if wanted a dessert we didn’t next they gave us the bill just to move us out. Also be careful as gratuity included already in the bill.

RainforestCafe, Guest Relations Manager at Rainforest Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Tracy F,

I am sorry to read you didn't enjoy your visit. Your comments on prices have been noted, but are reflective of our location and unique offering. On your next visit, please don't hesitate to speak to one of our hosts if you are not happy with your table, they will be happy to find a different one for you.Please rest assured that we are committed to working hard to improve in advance of your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Please don’t waste your money on this place as it’s awful. Food was terrible we couldn’t eat it.
Music was far too loud and tables crammed together. This place has nothing going for it!!!!!!

2  Thank mmackay54

Hi, I'm sorry to read you didn't enjoy your visit, I will pass down your comments on the volume and the tables to the relevant managers, please rest assured that we are committed to working hard to improve in advance of your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t bother with this place at all. As much as the kids like to see a fishtank, a robotic monkey and a man in an elephant suit - you are paying over the odds for very very average food. Even taking the location into account this was expensive.

Tables are cramped together and it’s just so loud. Didn’t feel particularly clean either.

1  Thank sgc77
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I had high hopes when going in as the concept was cool and the drinks we had at the bar were nice while waiting for a table. However we had reserved a table which then got given to someone else for whatever reason! I was very unhappy with how this was handled however, no apologies, just told that I obviously hadn’t answered when they called my name out and they ‘suppose’ they could try and find me another table!! They kept questioning who I was even though I could see my name on the list. I was treated as if the mistake was my fault! Just very unprofessional and rude quite frankly after we had been waiting 30 minutes for a table that was never coming! The food is okay, not worth the money really. I wouldnt bother, especially if the staff arent interested in customer service. I will say however our server was fine and helpful. The best part was the shop!!

1  Thank Kate M

Dear Kate M,

Thank you for your review, and I am sorry to read about the confusion at the reception, our hosts work hard to ensure everyone is seated on time, and I am deeply sorry you had to wait longer, I can guarantee you it wasn't in their intentions, and I'd like to apologies in their behalf.
All your comments have been noted, and please rest assured that we are committed to working hard to improve in advance of your next visit.