“Amazing steeped in history”

Simpson's in The Strand
Reserve with OpenTable
Simpson's in The Strand is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #577 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$32 - US$57
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: British classics perfected since 1828. Our unique culinary story is a tale of traditions upheld, undiluted by the tide of time over two centuries. Today, Simpson's in the Strand offers a landmark London dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you. Please view our menus and additional information via our website.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Such wonderful surrounds.
The history behind the restaurant is still up held . The roast beef carved at your table was fantastic in every way . All of the restaurants staff couldn’t do enough to help every body enjoy the experience. I will be returning

PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at Simpson's in The Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Ian W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary five star review. I am so pleased that you chose to visit Simpson's In The Strand and were able to experience first hand the exceptional level of experience, service and individual atmosphere we deliver to all of our guests, as well as our renown roast beef!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Savoy some time very soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We popped in this week whilst in the strand
Great roast at a price but you must expect to pay for the experience

Dear Gerard m,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. I am so glad that you enjoyed a wonderful meal at Simpson's in the Strand. It is our primary aim to make sure that all of our guests have a special experience, and I am delighted we achieved this.

We do hope you will return to visit us again very soon to enjoy another Savoy experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Service was excellent from the minute I stepped through the door this lunchtime business appointment . Good traditional menu - recommend the steak and kidney pudding or the fish pie - both really tasty and well presented

Would have been nice to have had enough time for puddings - great selection but sadly diary didn't permit

Recommend for lunch if I n central London

PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at Simpson's in The Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear iaingray,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary five star review. I am so pleased that you chose to visit Simpson's In The Strand and were able to experience first hand the exceptional level of experience and individual atmosphere we deliver to all of our guests. I am delighted you enjoyed your selection of dishes, and I will have great pleasure in passing on your comments regarding the steak and kidney pudding and fish pie to the chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Simpson's sometime very soon, and hope that next time you will have enough time for pudding!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was bought this Master Carving Class at Simpson's by my family. As well as attending the course I chose to make a complete day of it and enjoy a Sunday lunch at Simpson's, by inviting 5 other family members to join me.

I made these decisions because my Son had previously attended the class and we all joined him after for Sunday lunch and it was a fantastic experience.

Oh Wow! What a big mistake that decision was.

It is singularly the biggest waste of time, effort and expense, I have ever had involving my family.

I obviously have to be careful what I write.

But I will summarise as follows:-

The "Master Carving Class" was far from masterful. I could write a 4,000 word essay on how pointless it was.
The service was poor.
The food was below average (and cold)
The white wine was very expensive and warm (Warmer than the food almost)
The cost was astronomically wrong!!!! My first bill was for £965. When questioned, it was seemingly corrected to £470. When I finally had a chance to review it in detail, it was reduced to the actual correct amount of £236.63. Their explanation for the mistake was laughable, given that I had already paid £588 in advance. The £236.63 was the final extra bit to pay.

They have used the name of "Simpson's" to create a fantastic money spinner, delivering a very poor value for money experience and serving sub-standard food and wine at hugely inflated prices.

Avoid this Master Carving Class at all costs - Unless they publicly admit their failings and return to the original format for the day and quality of food we once enjoyed.

Disclaimer - I have not eaten in the main Simpson's Restaurant. Both times I have eaten in Simpson's it was part of the Master Carving Class. So I have no comment on the main Simpson's Restaurant.

PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at Simpson's in The Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear SWJS,

I understand my colleagues have already been in touch with you directly regarding your Master Carving Class experience, and to discuss the issues you have raised. I am sorry you left feeling underwhelmed, and I do hope there will be an opportunity for you to visit The Savoy again the future so we may have an opportunity to deliver to you a more memorable experience.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

As we were staying at the Savoy, we booked a table at Simpson's as it is owned by the hotel and is within walking distance. Just like the iconic hotel, Simpson's reputation for the very best is well-deserved.
I had one of the best meals, with the best service in the the most beautiful setting imaginable. I started with the selection of raw oysters followed by the potato leek soup; both were superb. I then had the perfectly cooked roast beef carved table-side paired with roast potatoes and the largest, crispiest Yorkshire puddings I've ever had. Everything about my experience was sublime from start to finish and I greatly look forward to returning again.

2  Thank LitProfessorRoxana
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at Simpson's in The Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear LitProfessorRoxana,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review, I am so glad that you enjoyed a wonderful meal at Simpson's. I was delighted your experience scored so highly on all accounts, and you were looked after by our outstanding team. It is our primary aim to make sure that all of our guests have a special experience, and it is always pleasing to know we have got this correct. Thank you for your comments regarding the dishes you chose, including our signature roast beef and legendary Yorkshire puddings!