“A Tucked Away Gem”

Ristorante Frescobaldi London
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Frescobaldi London is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,478 of 24,829 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Whenever we are in central London we try to go to Frescobaldi for lunch. This past trip we could not get there but we had one day when we were doing a double header on plays and we decided to skip the restaurants with pre- theater menus and head to Frescobaldis . We could not have made a better choice. Although it is in the hear of London you feel as if you have entered another world when you leave Regent street. The restaurant is serene but friendly - you always feel at home. Since we did not have much time we shared an appetizer - a delicious salmon tartare with avocado . I then had a peachier with delicata squash and guanciale - as always perfectly cooked . My husband had the arrabiatta. We had a carafe of a Montepulciano and an espresso and then were off to our second play of the day, What I love best about this restaurant besides the food and win is the friendly caring waiters. They take care of you like family.
We always tell friends to visit - it is like being in Italy without going to Florence.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Standards have changed dramatically and indeed possibly the chef! Food was disappointing, cooked badly and left us really frustrated.

2  Thank 501carmel
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant seems charming at first sight. That calm was soon to dissipate: the waiter was high energy charming and pushed a pasta dish which was the high light
But although we ordered many courses , our waiter abandoned us as he was extremely busy with other tables and the wine sommelier was the rudest woman I’ve encountered fir a long time. The nicest person was the buss boy who finally took our wine order after being served our 2nd course .
Their list is a lovely complex list and after waiting through our first course without wine , the sommelier was extremely busy and had only a few suggestions (we needed a wine for both fish and meat). She was impatient and left us with the complex wine list. We ended up getting 2 carafes of wine that we choose ourselves. She later came over and explained that they were understaffed.
The meal was the most expensive and most stressful. Locando locatelli is by far better experience.

1  Thank gallerygirl09
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The restaurant called me this morning to take down my friends’ reviews on 18 March in regards to poor services, claiming that the reviews ‘are not true’.

Brief background:

1) Poor service
I was having my birthday celebration and the restaurant ruined the cake we bought from elsewhere.
The waitress just put the cake on our table without any explanation at instance.
Only when asked, the waitress then explained that the cake was ruined due to ‘inconvenience’.
The tone of the staff was unapologetic and even asked us why we should leave the cake with them in the first place.

2) Compensation
Cutting cake fee is 9 pounds per person/ ordering desserts. Hence we decided to order desserts in order to have the cake in the restaurant.

The only compensation at instance from the restaurant was to free our desserts. It feels like to us as freeing the cutting cake fee.

When we’re about to leave, the staff offered us cocktails, hoping that we will not make a fuss about it i guess.

We asked for compensation for the cake cost but the restaurant refused. The staff claimed that the cake was not completely ruined and was still edible. When we purchase the cake for 65 pounds, it is sure that we just care about the taste of the cake instead of the outlook?
Please refer to the pictures for pictures of the cake.

3) Amendment for reviews
I just received a call this morning from the restaurant, asking me to take down my friends’ reviews after 2 weeks.

Still same old tone by the staff, trying to argue with me about facts on that day, on how the cake was still edible was our reviews did not do them justice.

Another point to mention is that we tried to call the manager out for 3 times at that day, however the staff claimed that it is not office hour and the manager is not available. Referring to the call I had this morning, the staff said that the woman serving us was indeed the manager?

Dear, dining at a high class restaurant, is this what you would like to expect?

4  Thank talbotreview
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Was in this restaurant for my girlfriend’s birthday. I should admit, the place it’s very nice and well tended. The food was good but the portions were very paltry. Also the desserts were very good. I’m Italian and if you want try a very Italian’s cuisine, you should go to Frescobaldi. I don’t have seen the price but they tell me then it is very expensive. But I think it’s worth. Recommended