“Nothing spectacular and nothing horrible”
Review of Salieri Restaurant

Salieri Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Salieri Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,308 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$42 - US$70
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: A perfect spot for pre or post theatre dining - good location and last orders for food taken at midnight. The interior style is 'theatrical nostalgia' with lots of photographs, mirrors and puppets. Huge gold swag and tail curtains and antiquity style statues adorn the entrance. There is lively music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. The staff are wonderful and very accommodating - definitely a place to visit time and time again. The menu has a wide selection of French and Mediterranean dishes, pastas and grills. Start with the soupe de poissons or avocado pear with prawns and move onto sea bass Salieri or noisettes d'agneau perigourdin.
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Service, friendly and efficient. Prices are according to Strand St. standards so no surprises there. Food, unremarkable. Interior is pretty interesting, yet odd in an enjoyable way. Still, my companion was more interesting than the food and restaurant so the experience was fine. Not too sure I'd enjoy it as a solo diner. Probably won't go again as there are so many other options available; this just happened to be convenient to our hotel.

Reviewed 26 June 2009

All in all, awful. We were starving when we happened by and thought it looked like fun. Once in and seated, it was scary with awful paintings and drapes. We were too slef-conscious to leave at that point but should have. The waitstaff stood a short distance away (about eight of them) and watched us eat and one of them started making fun of our American accents. We were served by every one of them on an apparently rotational basis and some were openly hostile. While the food was edible, the menu was odd and the drinks were served even warmer than the normal UK room temperature. The prices were very high and we were all totally creeped out.

1  Thank HonestAssesor
Reviewed 29 April 2009

We find Salieri just walking around the west end and it didnt let us down! The ambience is lovely, the service is excellent and the food is very good quality and like my grandmother would cook it! (She was italian!) However they could improve the desserts, as the tiramisu was a big let down!
It was my birthday and without expecting it, we had a big plate of fruits with a candle and singers... super fun! I would highly recommended it for a pleasant night and i woul come back in my next trip to London!

1  Thank Beshuz
Reviewed 3 January 2009

Went here just after xmas. Wasn't busy. The service was sourfaced, and slow. Food was practically thrown across the table at my wife, so much so that she joked that she wouldn't have a dessert because she didn't want to wear it... then they knocked an orange juice into her lap! Incidentally, they needed to be prompted to reduce the bill after that, no offer from them.
The food was ok, my pork was extremely tender, but very basic. The steak was ok, but we get better at our local beefeater. The pasta my parents had was unimpressive.

Overall, unless you get one of the cheap lunchtime deals I really would keep on walking, the pub across the street looked like it did nice food.

Reviewed 8 September 2008

Busy restuaratnt on the Strand convenient for nearby theatres. We used to call in here quite often on our way to Charing Cross for reasonably priced Dover sole and/or steak dishes. The place seems stuck in a 1970's time warp which we quite liked although the appeal that originally attracted us has worn off somewhat now.

On our last visit the service was cursory, bread rolls were stale, wines not chilled, food bland and overcooked and vegetables swimming in water. I doubt if we will return.