“Eastern weekend”

Ranked #269 of 24,835 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$33 - US$62
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Like the intricate cosmological model that lends its name, Orrery is redolent with attention to detail and elegance. Head Chef Igor Tymchyshyn demonstrates his Michelin-starred pedigree with a contemporary approach to classic French cuisine. Igor has created seasonally changing menus of exceptional quality and full of the tastes of France. Signature dishes include: Escalope of red wine poached duck foie gras, pear & riesling jelly; Pied de cochon farci, pommes mousseline Madeira and truffle; Kentish fillet of lamb, beetroot puree, gratin dauphinois, olive lamb jus; Pannacotta, orange and Champagne terrine, fennel essence.The beautiful dining room at Orrery is the perfect setting for getting together with friends and family or for a formal corporate affair. Also our stunning roof terrace is a fabulous spot for pre lunch or dinner drinks. Alternatively if you are looking for a more intimate setting, the Private Dining Room is the perfect space to enjoy Igor's contemporary French cuisine.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

For eastern we spend a few days in London and visited The Orrery, food was good surprisingly tastes, nice variety, good service only one remark the courses are too fast following each other a delay of 5-10 minutes between the courses and the would have been a totally perfect evening

Fadil N, General Manager at Orrery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Richard V,

I would like to take this opportunity thank you from the whole team at Orrery for recent visit and for taking the time to write review.
Your kind comments on the food menu, taste, nice variety and service are sincerely appreciated.
Please be assured that I have taken note of your remark on pacing of your meal and will discuss these with the team accordingly, it is a fine balance that we are always working on and we are always happy to alter the pace in response to instructions from our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

F Nuha & The Orrery Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I went to Orrery for dinner with some colleagues.

The place is gorgeous, has been recently refurbished and looks great. Very modern and nice.

The service is excellent, waiters are taking good care of you and the service is impeccable.

The food is absolutely delicious, as a foodie and French, I have quite high expectations but this was faultless and with high standard. Food is beautifully plated and tastes excellent.

The restaurant has lost its Michelin star a couple of years ago but should get it back soon. My colleagues also were impressed by the whole dinner (we took each different plates- 3 courses dinner). All dishes were simply excellent.

All in all, a very good experience, I will definitely be back and highly recommend the place.

2  Thank nathb001
Fadil N, General Manager at Orrery, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear nathb001,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for posting such a lovely review.
We strive every day in every possible way to deliver the best food and service and it is great to know through your words that this comes across and results in such a positive experience.
The team will be thrilled to hear of your comments.
Thank you for recomendation and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Bes wishes,

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I came with my family for dinner last month and everything was amazing, exactly as I remember when I came last year. Very well presented food and not overpriced at all, will surely be back.

1  Thank gianlucaoli

Dear gianlucaoli,

I would like to take this opportunity thank you from the whole team at Orrery for recent visit and for taking the time to post such a lovely review on Trip Advisor, we really appreciated your comments. We are always working hard to deliver value and a great dining experience, the team will be thrilled to hear of your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Amazing restaurant. Food was absolutely delicious at an incredibly reasonable price for lunch, several items have a supplement on them so this can quickly bump up the cost.

Service was good, only small blip was they cleared away the wine glasses when we hadn't finished the bottle and they had to bring new ones.

Overall would definitely return and would highly recommend if you are in the area

1  Thank Colin G

Dear Colin G,

I would like to take this opportunity thank you from the whole team at Orrery for recent visit and for taking the time to post such a lovely review on Trip Advisor, we really appreciated your comments. We do apologize that small blip occurred with wine glasses, we will learn from it and make sure it wont happen again.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Well it wasn’t that bad but a £400 lunch for three should be a heck of a lot better. Service was slow and erratic; the crab starter was fresh but the pretty fruit garnish swamped the flavour completely. The Tournedos Rossini had some acceptable foie gras but ordinary beef and dull vegetables - £4.50 extra a pop - and the fabled cheese selection would have been sniffed at in France. I asked the waiter to select an array of cheeses for me and he had the good sense to offer the ones in the best condition, deftly avoiding the majority. It’s a place that initially smacks of fine dining but the veneer is thin.

Dear Gourmand1962,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for recent visit and for taking the time to leave us a constructive feedback. By reading the majority of our other reviews you will notice that we are regularly praised for our service and quality of food at Orrery.
I have to say that I am particularly surprised to read your comments considering that feedback on the day was very positive, you had crab, you and the guest all had Rossini for main course and were served 2 cheese plates from the trolley at the table.
Regarding the pricing I can only reassure that we benchmark ourselves very seriously against both our very local competition and the broader London market.
Our lunch menu is priced at £29.00 for 3 courses and wine entry bottle priced also at £29.00.
We wish all our customers to have a great dining experience with us and
I certainly do not want this to be your lasting impression of the restaurant so please contact me directly at fadiln@dandddlondon.com as I would like to know more about your visit.

Kind regards,