“Bland”

Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: Indonesian, Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Nusa Dua only serves the most authentic Indonesian Restaurant, from the famous Beef Rendang to Nasi Goreng, and many other famous Indonesian dishes, you name it! The restaurant located in the heart of West End.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife is Indonesian, so we thought we would give it a try. Oh dear, the food was average at best, but what made it worse was the fact that the staff didn’t know what they were doing. At least the price was ok.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Had an evening to myself because my wife had a work function. So did some SoHo shopping and needed to get dinner by myself. I had enough fish and chips on this trip so I was looking for something unique. Nusa Dua hit the spot. Had the Javanese style Duck Curry and some spring rolls for an appetizer. Also I recommend the Indonesian Jasmine tea. It has a smooth flavor with a hint of vanilla. Staff was friendly and the atmosphere was lively.

1  Thank Luke S
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Average Indonesian cuisine with the familiar choices to choose from. We had beef rendang, bebek panggang and a lamb dish that was recommended by our waiter accompanied by fragrant coconut rice. Only the beef rendang and coconut rice deserve mentions.

That being said, we were served complimentary (Thai) durian ice-cream and chocolate chilli ice-cream both of which were to die for. Definite must-tries and puts nearby Shibuya's shaved ice desserts to shame.

Restaurant is relatively quiet as it is not in the heart of Chinatown but this lets you stay for awhile longer than your usual dine, pay and leave experience in one of Chinatown's restaurants. Another distinguishing factor is the owner and waiters were extremely friendly and polite.

Overall, a pleasant dining experience but slightly expensive for the OK food (also does not accept Amex). I would return for the ice-creams.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The food is exceptional and the prices are affordable for a delicious meal. The service is above average given the London restaurant scene. I do feel that this restaurant is underrated. If you are looking for an Authentic Indonesian experience than this place is a must.

1  Thank Walid H
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Was welcomed by a friendly non-native waitress and she mastered the menu! I enjoyed the food till the Indo waitress asked me if I finished my food. Then, I told him "it was a legit and scrumptious food!" and he said "okay" with a fierced face. Then I lost my desire to order the dessert.
I understood it's been a long day for him, so I was. But it's not the right way to treat your customer! Overall, it's an okay restaurant. I know most of Indonesians are very friendly. He's just one in a million. Hopefully, the service gets better soon!