“Easter Dinner ”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Afternoon Tea at The Waldorf consists of a mouth-watering array of delicate pastries, homemade cakes and scones with clotted cream and strawberry preserve. Diners can indulge in some luxurious champagne and choose from a wide range of distinct blends of tea, imported by specialist tea suppliers from around the world. The Waldorf, known as The Waldorf Hilton since January 2004, has an illustrious history and rich heritage dating back to its opening in 1908. Set in the heart of London's theatre land, close to Covent Garden, the hotel has attracted a string of stars from all over the world. Gertrude Lawrence, Sir Thomas Beecham, Elizabeth Taylor, Pavarotti, Pierce Brosnan and Dame Judi Dench are just a handful of show business icons that have stayed at the hotel. Open on select Sundays, Palm Court is the spacious, elegant and versatile heart of The Waldorf Hilton. It features an historic, impeccably styled interior, with fabulously restored balustrades lending an air of chic decadence and sophistication. Afternoon Tea Dance offers contemporary afternoon tea with a variety of finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones with Devonshire clotted cream and strawberry jam, delicate homemade pastry cakes and choice of many teas and infusions, a frothy cappuccino or a black coffee. A live 5-piece band will entertain with all the ballroom classics, while guests dance away on a Sunday afternoon in the historical Palm Court. All this is available for £49.00 per person only.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had another superb meal, great staff we come here a few times a year the service is always great and we really love the resturant. We will be back!

TheWaldorfHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Homage at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear mlanaka,

Thank you for your review of dinner at The Homage Restaurant. We are delighted to read such positive feedback, which has been shared with the team.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The Homage Restaurant is my favorite. The food is highest quality and delicious. The environment is immaculate and elegant. The staff is distinguished and professional. I recommend the afternoon tea and dinner. The dinner menu is just fabulous. The cheesecake, lemon tart, and banana split are yummy desserts!!

TheWaldorfHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Homage at The Waldorf Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LindaMireille,

Thank you for your positive review of The Homage Restaurant. We are delighted to read such positive feedback, which has been shared with the team.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely 3 course meal with a glass of champagne each as part of a groupon voucher. The food was good portions for the type of restaurant and all the dishes were very tasty. Service was a bit on the slow side but I prefer that to being rushed so overall was ok.

Felt that the restaurant was lacking a bit of of softening with some flowers or greenery on the table and in the room as it felt a bit cold and hollow. More like an event room turned restaurant.

Would definitely go again.

Dear marita k

Thank you for your review of The Homage Restaurant. We are delighted to read such positive feedback, which has been shared with the team. Your comments regarding flowers and greenery has been passed onto the restaurant manager, thank you for pointing this out.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely venue. It was nice that they had a cloak room. The service was very very slow but the food was really nice.

My starter was the butter squash soup lovely minus the raw sage (is it greedy of me to want a bigger portion?)
My main was Seabass it would have been nice with mash potatoes and not 4 miniature potatoes, the flavours was on point.
Now my dessert was 2 thumbs up apple crumble yum. The food was fab, again I feel greedy for saying this but I wish the portions were a little larger. My jasmine tea was sooo strong I only managed to have 2 cups full.

I give it 4.5 for the food, but 2.5 - 3 for the service as it was too slow not attentive and it wasn’t that busy (the room was cold) even to pay it took them 15 minutes to sort out the bill.

I thought I would have gotten a birthday cake but it’s ok maybe next time.

Dear VenusChrome,

I am sincerely sorry to read about your experience whilst visiting The Homage Restaurant.

Please contact me directly on homage.restaurant@hilton.com in order to discuss the issue of the service you received.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

On arrival our coats were taken and we were shown to our table. The seats were not pulled out for us, nor were the napkins laid across our laps - I have had this done in lesser starred establishments. When our starters arrived I was asked to move my napkin (I had not yet put on my lap as we had been talking). The wine was poured into our glasses, we were not asked if we would like to taste it first. The next thing I found strange was that when the dessert arrived I was not offered a fork, which I needed, and my husband was not offered a cheese knife, also required. On leaving we were asked for a "tip" which we declined as we had not felt the service up to a 5* standard. We were also just given our coats, not offered help to put them on.
So service, not at all what we had expected, but the food was absolutely delicious, both in presentation and taste.

1  Thank PaulineJoy