“Good food and good service!”

Maxwell's Bar and Grill
Ranked #2,385 of 24,408 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$1 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Maxwell's Bar & Grill is an American diner-style, family restaurant serving mouth-watering Burgers, Ribs, famous Freakshakes and lots more!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on the Saturday of the bank holiday weekend - busy to say the least! Just two if us and were seated straight away, it wasn’t the best table in the restaurant but as I said it was very busy.
I had the nachos for my main and my boyfriend had the chicken fajitas. The nachos were huge and so delicious - definitely some of the best I’ve had! My boyfriend loved the fajitas and he appeared to have lots of chicken. We had one of the sharing brownie sundae desserts which was massive and lovely. Also had an espresso martini and my partner had a ‘malteasini’ - definitely worth a try! Huge selection of cocktails available.
Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing, very pleasant - a credit to the restaurant! Also not extortionate for bring right in the middle of Covent Garden. Would definitely recommend and visit again!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,661)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It is out daughters 14th birthday and we booked here for lunch before a visit to the nearby cinema. I had mentioned it was her birthday when making the booking. The interior of the building is nice and much larger than it looks from the outside. The food is good - not the best in town but completely edible. At the end of the meal they brought over a free freakshake for my daughter as a birthday treat. Delicious but even between three of us we couldn't finish it.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Had dinner here with friends on a Thursday evening. Warm enough welcome although our table wasn't quite ready so we had to wait at the bar for a few minutes while they got us sorted. No real issues with that.

On arrival I had presented the hostess with my on-line booking voucher which had offered me 25% off food. She acknowledged this but asked me to ensure I showed our waiter. We were seated and again I presented the voucher - which was acknowledged.

Food arrived pretty quickly - possibly a little too quickly if I'm honest - three starters comprising one rack of ribs and two deep fried shrimp. Ribs were OK but shrimp was tasteless and chewy. Main courses were universally dreadful - we had a chicken/ribs combo, a salmon and a Piggy Back burger. The burger was so overcooked it was almost inedible and the pulled pork was tough beyond belief (and it cost £16.00 by the way). The salmon was a solid lump - not flaky at all - and looked almost congealed around the edges - the chicken combo looked and tasted OK.

My burger was untouched but when the waiter collected the plates he didn't ask if the food was OK or if there was an issue with it - he just whisked the plates away and brought a dessert menu.

We asked for the bill, presented my voucher for the third time but received the bill without the publicised discount. In my book that's dishonest. We paid and left and won't be returning. Even worse is that I completed an online feedback form after my visit requesting a call and guess what? I've heard nothing!!

Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My family and I went to this restaurant to celebrate my mum's birthday, as it was in a good central location and the fact that we'd had pleasant meals in the past.

The decor could definitely do with updating, but overall the restaurant had a nice ambiance.

I ordered nachos for a starter and fajitas for main course. The nachos were some of the best I've ever had and the fajitas were tasty and boiling hot.

Furthermore on Monday it turns out there is a cheaper menu, so the meal ended up costing a lot less than we had thought it would have.

I had told the restaurant it was mum's birthday and asked if they could do something special for her. The restaurant staff acknowledged my request and when we arrived, our table had some balloons on it. Also after our main course, they bought out a complimentary freak shake with a sparkler in it. It's these little added extras which would make me want to visit a restaurant again and my mum really enjoyed being made a fuss of on her birthday.

1  Thank David R