Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant - Chinatown
Ranked #9,709 of 23,655 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$31
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ordered food 2 hours ago and still waiting don’t think I’m even hungry now tick this one off the list CHECK.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 25 January 2021

do yourself a favour, don't give these businesses anymore money and go eat somewhere better elsewhere in london

but if you like being shafted on price and service, go right ahead

simples

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

Got a duck for take away as it’s Tier4 in London, so we can’t eat at the restaurant. Used to come here very often before London lockdown was fine all the time. But this is our first time for take away the duck. When we got home and opened the package of the duck, it’s very big the skin so sticky and the meat is undercooked and so oily. What a difference between eat I. The restaurant and take away....

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank buabaah
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Social distancing practised Well. Bottle of hand sanitizer also given free. Fantastic food! Great flavours. Staff were all very friendly. Will definitely return. Thanks for a great meal.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Jacquie3167
Reviewed 19 October 2020

They tried to scam me of a 'discretionary service charge', then the manager threatened to unfairly inflate the price because of 'manager's discretion', and then they called the police but the police found in my favor.

Four Seasons Gerrad (especially the manager) have especially sleazy business practices - they charge you a 'discretionary service charge' when you receive your bill, and then threaten to withdraw the promotion they've given you if you don't pay ... just flat out dishonesty. What's more, the manager is in on this too! Even more so, they called the police over and ruined my evening (and decent duck, too).

As a Chinese person myself, I'm always cautious about ordering from Chinese restaurants. I check to see if the water is free, I check to see if the towelettes they provide are free etc. I'm cautious. But this was just blatant cheating. Now I think they argued with me more because they were more comfortable about the fact that I'm Chinese - I don't know if white folks would be better off (maybe white folks would have it better, or just acquiesce? I don't know). From the looks of some of the reviews on this page, it seems that this is a trend - they generally try to scam you for 5 pound bottles of water and so on.

I really don't recommend coming here - this place is blatantly trying to cheat you of your money, and if they do, I recommend standing up against it.

Date of visit: October 2020