“Their Roti Canai is a must have!”

C & R Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #3,456 of 23,652 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$1 - US$31
Cuisines: Malaysian, Singaporean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Small restaurant in an alley but well worth a visit. I was craving a Roti Canai and so my sister in law(who is malaysian) took me here as she said they do really good Roti Canai. She was not wrong! The curry sauce that goes with it is very mild so will suit those who are not in to spicy food. She also ordered a Penang Assam Laksa, which is very spicy but very moreish. It is obvious they cooked the stock for a very long time as it was packed full of flavours of the fish they stewed in it. Be sure to have an appetite because the portions are not particularly small. The staff are friendly enough and they have their reegulars who are treated like family which is nice to see.

Date of visit: March 2014
Write a reviewReviews (467)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was craving for Assam Laksa and a friend was craving for Nasi Lemak so we went to C&R to satisfy our appetite, is not the best Assam Laksa I ever had in London, though I would definitely visit again to try something else if Im craving for some Malaysian meal.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

My husband & I love Asian food. We travel a lot to Asia where we took some lesson of Asian cuisine. So I can say we know how it supposed to taste. And at this place laksa & pad Thai we had for lunch were great! Real Asian spices! Also it's a bit cheaper than on main china town's streets. We recommend to visit C&R!

2  Thank Dorogaya_3112
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great little place for one dish meals like Singapore Laksa or Nasi Lemak, and prices are very reasonable for the west end location. It's a regular place when friends crave something malaysian and too lazy to cook it ourselved. Cash only venue, opens at midday.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I lost the number of times we have been there nice place to go, food is usually good at least what we ask for, been there many times with different people and we have always enjoyed , many times we need to wait to site it's ok place will be back again time to time